PDA

View Full Version : How to deal ......

mom2one
06-05-2012, 10:16 PM
A family member called me up today and dumped a HUGE thing on me. I've been asked not to share with anyone. I am struggling to process with what I have been given. I have stayed busy all afternoon into the evening, when I stop to think about it, it is all I can do not to cry.

Why is this happening to someone inside my family? Why do I now have to carry this burden?

Any thoughts on how one deals when a load is dumped on them like this?

I could use a hug and a long twisty straw to fit into a gallon size drink.

Susan

Jacksmommy2b
06-05-2012, 10:23 PM
:hug: for you and your family member.

TwinFoxes
06-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I am so sorry. Situations like these make me promise to myself never to dump something on someone and say "don't tell". It's not fair. :hug:

lmh2402
06-05-2012, 10:26 PM
:hug: i'm sorry you're feeling so much angst. i hope everything works out :hug:

musicalgrl
06-05-2012, 11:42 PM
That kind of news is so hard. I hope things work out for your family member and I hope your burden of secrecy is lifted soon.

mackmama
06-06-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm sorry you are feeling so sad. I think it's okay to call the person back and share that you are there for him/her but that you also want support around this issue. Ask the person if s/he is okay if you share it with someone (name a specific person) so that you are not left carrying it alone.

AJP
06-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Hugs for you and your family member! I can imagine it was a relief in a way for them to share it with you. The only problem with that is that they've unloaded it onto you. I've been through this and it's tough. You are now almost carrying their burden for/with them. Maybe discussing both of your feelings with eachother or lika a pp said, maybe even with someone else will help you to process it.