PDA

View Full Version : Disney themed playroom

BallerinaMommy
06-05-2012, 10:27 PM
So we are building a new home and will be able to have a playroom for our two boys! They are 17 months apart, with my oldest being 2 when we move in. Yay! I am so excited. We are HUGE Disney fans and I think I would like to decorate the room this way. I am not the most creative person in the world, so I'd LOVE to hear all of your awesome ideas! The only thing I was thinking so far was to maybe use this mural: http://www.muralsyourway.com/beach-life-mural/ on one wall! What do you think? Any other playroom must haves? Did I mention how excited I am for the kids to have a space to play and keep all their toys?! Looking forward to hearing your input!

lalasmama
06-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I have tried to figure out a way to fit my Disney habit (obsession?) into my home should I ever move....

Personally, I adore the "old time" ride posters like this (http://www.google.com/search?q=disney+ride+poster+art&hl=en&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=v9rOT6fMLOXo2AWqgr2mDA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CKIBEPwFKAE&biw=1366&bih=665), and want to do a whole room around them :) I figure with all the colors, it would be easy to create a "streamlined" look to things-- a few black Expedits, grey/navy/red/orange fabric boxes, simple black frames, and it won't look "young" or "dated" in 3-4 years... I think it provides a very classic look.

Also very fun, we have a Mickey bathroom. It was so easy and quick to put together. Guests enter that bathroom, crack up laughing, and then comment on how cute it is. It was also pretty inexpensive... Walmart has a Mickey shower curtain (plastic, so it needs a liner), some red/black/white towels, and bedroom wall stickers (found at Target), and it looks pulled together and cute for $50... and the complements I have gotten on it has been great. DD loves it because she's a Disney freak too :)

crl
06-06-2012, 12:37 AM
I would definitely poke around Etsy for ideas.

Catherine

BallerinaMommy
06-06-2012, 09:31 PM
ooooh lalasmama i love those posters! I can definitely see me using those! anyone have any other ideas?

cntrymoon2
06-06-2012, 10:45 PM
I really like the vintage ride posters because they will grow with your kids longer. Lots of ppl seem to like the Ikea Expedit for toy storage. I'd start searching on pinterest for playroom ideas.
How fun to get to start with a blank slate!