PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous warning labels

BabyBearsMom
06-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Today on my DD2's changing table: Do not use near open flame.

Because other than the flammable changing table, changing a wriggly infant near an open flame is a logical thing to do? This is almost as good as my stroller which reminds me not to fold the stroller when my child is in it. What are your best warning labels?

Binkandabee
06-06-2012, 10:24 AM
I remember as a kid I had one of those rabbit shaped Happy Meal Buckets like the halloween trick or treat buckets they've been doing the past few years, only this one was a rabbit and the handle was the ears. I remember reading on the bucket "Do not wear as hat, strap may cause discomfort". This was at least 25 years ago and to this day that label still cracks me up!

mommylamb
06-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Not a warning label, but similar sentiment-- DH and I were going to friends' house a while ago, and we had never been there and they had given us directions. The directions said "The road will curve to the right. Stay on the road." DH and I always laughed about it, because what did they think we were going to do, keep driving straight into the trees??

You've got to love the blinding flash of the obvious...

mikala
06-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Our kiddy pool has a max depth of about a foot. It has a big warning label to remind us that it is not suitable for diving.

dylansnan
06-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Our kiddy pool has a max depth of about a foot. It has a big warning label to remind us that it is not suitable for diving.

This, but even better on a tiny inflatable pool that Is less than 2 feet across and that you could put maybe 3" of water in :tongue5:

Gena
06-06-2012, 02:24 PM
My stapler at work has this warning on the bottom: "Open Away from Face." It always makes me chuckle.

StantonHyde
06-06-2012, 04:49 PM
The thing that kills me about all of these, though, is that they are there for a reason--which means somebody actually tried to do something THAT stupid!!

My DH is an ER doc and as he says, "Given the choice between doing what is right or what is wrong, people will always choose to do what is stupid!"

swissair81
06-06-2012, 05:19 PM
My favorite are the hair dryer warnings. Do not use while immersed in water and do not use while sleeping.

billysmommy
06-06-2012, 05:24 PM
On the hoses for our gas grill is a tag that says
"Do not check for gas leak with a lighted match"

It always makes DH and I chuckle