PDA

View Full Version : Where do you find Salary Information

BabbyO
06-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm looking at new opportunities and need to provide salary requirements for many of the positions I'm looking at. Some of the positions are not in my current field. Where can I find Salary information.

I've been directed to Glass Door, but have had absolutely NO luck finding salaries.

Or maybe my question should be how the heck to get any info from Glass Door.

TIA!

brittone2
06-06-2012, 01:06 PM
This probably doesn't fit your situation exactly, but when DH was job hunting 2 years ago he used his professional organization's website. They have data on salaries in different settings with different degrees in his field (chemistry). It breaks it down into academia, industry, etc. and then years of experience as well as degree held. It also gave data for each region of the country. It was helpful at the time.

BabbyO
06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
This probably doesn't fit your situation exactly, but when DH was job hunting 2 years ago he used his professional organization's website. They have data on salaries in different settings with different degrees in his field (chemistry). It breaks it down into academia, industry, etc. and then years of experience as well as degree held. It also gave data for each region of the country. It was helpful at the time.

yeah, unfortunately, I'm looking outside of my field...

twowhat?
06-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Glass Door has been hit or miss for me. One way to do it is to find some recruiters in that field, using LinkedIn, and call them and ask if they'd be willing to give some general salary info.

crl
06-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Any blogs in the field? Above the Law tends to have most of the salaries for the big law firms. . . .

Catherine

hillview
06-06-2012, 02:05 PM
salary.com
check monster.com for some job postings with salaries or ranges
talk to a head hunter in your field and ask

/hillary

jennilynn
06-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Try the Bureau of Labor Statistics website here:
http://www.bls.gov/bls/blswage.htm

Zukini
06-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Payscale.com... awesome site, the set-up is a little tedious but it's a one time thing. You can really "customize" the salary search based on title, location, and other criteria. You can also look up the salary stats for your desired titles within a region or with a specific employer.

marymoo86
06-11-2012, 09:58 AM
On glassdoor there is a tab for salaries. Might be easier to search a company and then look at the salaries for your needed job title

If finance, Robert Half does a great in depth salary report.

pomegranate
06-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I was able to get some good salary info for consulting jobs on The Vault website.