PDA

View Full Version : big brother gift for 4yo?

maestramommy
06-06-2012, 03:50 PM
A friend of mine is having a baby in August. Our church choir is having a shower for her, which I'm unable to attend. But I'd like to get her a gift. Last night I just started reading Siblings Without Rivalry and it really hit home. So I thought, why not get her a gift for her DS, who has just turned 4. What would be some good suggestions? I am going to assume they have already gotten him a "big brother" book, because they would think of something like that. He is super verbal, likes to sing and dance (though not for an audience:p), but beyond that I don't know much about him.

I would still like to get her a gift. She is having a girl. But what could she need? She WOHM, is a music teacher. So I assume she'll be going back to work almost right away.

SnuggleBuggles
06-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Spot It because it is a good game for that age, portable and quick to play.

vonfirmath
06-06-2012, 04:40 PM
I got my son a baby doll with diaper bag, other such stuff, when our daughter was born a week after his 4th birthday. He was IN LOVE... for about 3 months. Now it mostly gets forgotten.

maestramommy
06-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I got my son a baby doll with diaper bag, other such stuff, when our daughter was born a week after his 4th birthday. He was IN LOVE... for about 3 months. Now it mostly gets forgotten.

Wow, that would've never occurred to me, but what a great idea!