PDA

View Full Version : Any reason my sister shouldn't registry at BRU?

lorinick
06-06-2012, 07:00 PM
My sister was asking me where she should do a registry. We have a BRU and a BBB near by. The BBB isn't near all of our family though. How is the return policy? Any input would be great.

jenfromnj
06-06-2012, 07:04 PM
My sister was asking me where she should do a registry. We have a BRU and a BBB near by. The BBB isn't near all of our family though. How is the return policy? Any input would be great.

IME, both the customer service and the return policy at BBB is much better than BRU. I actually had both, and I had a hard time returning even duplicates of items that were on my registry at 2 different BRU stores. BBB, OTOH, I found to be great about returns and had much better, more well-informed customer service employees.

Also, the 20% off Bed Bath coupons can be used at BBB, which is nice. (If you have both stores in your area, both BRU and BBB will take each other's coupons, but they have to be within a certain distance of each other.)

lizzywednesday
06-06-2012, 07:07 PM
The issues my sister had with her registry at BRU were the reasons I registered at Amazon for the bulk of my things ... and Target as a concession to needing a brick-and-mortar place for the relatives to shop.

Our local BRU is poorly staffed and terribly stocked, so I just did not like being there. (I still don't, but sometimes the only place I know where something is happens to be there. *sigh*)

AnnieW625
06-06-2012, 07:10 PM
The worst part of registering with BRUS when I was pregnant with DD1 was I went on a Saturday afternoon and they only had one scanner for the entire store. I don't think this is usually a problem, but it was in 2006 when we went. I did set up my registry online first so I didn't have to sit through the whole registry spiel (which was great IMHO). I didn't get that much from BRUS, but I have bought things on my own there in the past and had to return them and it was fine.

We got most of our stuff from Target and Pottery Barn Kids (really surprised about that one, but people like buying cute stuff for babies I guess). Only had to return things at Target, but thankfully I got gift receipts so it wasn't a huge issue.

I have had really great luck with Bed Bath & Beyond in the past for my own stuff so if we had a Buy Buy Baby here I definitely would have registered there.

Way back in the day when I registered (early 2006) BRUS and Target registries were sometimes fulfilled with items from Amazon items.

lorinick
06-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks everyone!! I would love to hear from more of you guys..

wellyes
06-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Have her do BRU and BBB, and only put a limited number of things on the BRU one. That way people who love to shop there will be able to, and everyone else will be spared.

musicalgrl
06-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Totally agree that BBB is better about returns and customer service.

AngB
06-06-2012, 11:56 PM
I had no trouble with BRU- registering or returning, though I did have gift receipts for everything. We don't have a BBB. She can always register at both.

boilermakermom
06-07-2012, 12:07 AM
I detest BRU. The staff is generally useless, prices higher the BBB and returns are a pain in the butt.

I am going to a baby shower next weekend. Mom to be registered at both BRU and BBB. I purchased my gift entirely at BBB because I could use coupons, they shipped items which weren't in stock to my home for free and the sales people are informed.

llama8
06-07-2012, 05:43 AM
BBB is better than BRU by a mile, but BRU is very convenient for most people. Both are great with returns.

I just registered at both stores so that way everyone had a convenient option. I put the better things on my BBB registry and basic things at BRU. Plus both had things that I wanted or patterns of items that the other did not have. It worked out great for out of town relatives that didn't have a BBB near them and probably wouldn't have done shipping.

Melaine
06-07-2012, 06:45 AM
My BRU has awful CS typically, disorganized and won't return anything without a receipt, registry or not. BBB on the other hand has been the opposite. The employees are wonderful, most remember us, a couple remember the girls BY NAME from when we went to choose their booster seats. Much better selection, lots of coupons, and excellent return policy.

c&j04
06-07-2012, 09:32 AM
My BRU is nice, new, and clean. I had NO problems at all with any returns. On the registry, no gift receipt? sure. If I got something I needed to return, just added it online before I went in. Maybe I'm the only person in the world who didn't have stress???