PDA

View Full Version : Biting

alexsmommy
06-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Sorry DS3, hard line for me. You will not bite. Anyone. Period. You are lucky you didn't break DS2's skin this last time since the teeth marks are very deep. D.O.N.E.

No guilt about you screaming in your crib. You've had two time outs for this tonight. DH and I know you know it's not ok because you've never attempted to bite us. Just your brothers. You are very verbal. You can tell them when you don't like something or come tell us. This is not because you can't communicate frustration or anger in any other way.

You start preschool in the fall. Biting - NOT OK.

Get it together little boy. This one is very clear and Dad and I are in perfect parenting harmony - biting will not fly in this home. If it means a battle of wills, so be it.

Good thing the twisty straw has already been warmed up... UGH!

wencit
06-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Ouch! I feel your pain (literally). DS2 is around the same age, and he's recently started random biting, too. Never done it before, of course, and also starting preschool in the fall - ugh! I started a new playgroup a couple weeks ago, and at our first meeting, he bit me so hard, I had to extract my hand from his teeth. Left a gigantic purple bruise, right when I wanted to make a great impression! Lovely!

Maybe these two are teething something fierce??? Hope it goes away for you before preschool!

arivecchi
06-06-2012, 10:23 PM
So not cool. DS2 used to bite DS1 a lot, until one day DS1 had it and slapped him super hard in the face! No more biting after that.....lol.

Hope Mr. DS3 gets the message!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Nick was a biter, I share your pain!

alexsmommy
06-07-2012, 07:42 AM
So not cool. DS2 used to bite DS1 a lot, until one day DS1 had it and slapped him super hard in the face! No more biting after that.....lol.

Hope Mr. DS3 gets the message!

Funny you say that. DH and I were saying that DS2 is about to go off on DS3 and if he does, we will give him a one time pass and look the other way if it's prompted from biting.

My hope is the message is starting to get thorugh. After my reaction and an extended time out for the third bite, for the first time DS3 apololgized without prompting and spent the remainder of the evening saying "No biting. Biting hurts. Biting's mean."