PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have trouble with 2nd bday?

acmom
06-06-2012, 10:00 PM
My DS is turning 2 and for some reason, I am feeling quite sentimental about it- way more than I did last year when he turned 1 or when my DD turned 2. He is our 2nd and probably our last, so I'm sure that is part of it. And I guess age 2 really ends the "baby" days...

SnuggleBuggles
06-06-2012, 10:18 PM
3 really, really got me with ds2. I'm already angsty about 5.

((((hugs))))

Beth24
06-06-2012, 11:18 PM
I am really feeling that way about DS turning 2 at the end of the month. I feel like he was just born and time went way too fast. :hug:

citymama
06-07-2012, 01:01 AM
Happy birthday to your DS! My DD2 just turned 2 and I didn't have a hard time with it - I enjoyed her birthday a lot, actually. But I am getting sentimental about the baby stages and the baby clothes and the rest of it. I'm also feeling guilty remembering how much fun stuff we used to do with/for DD1 at this age (weekly outings to zoo, aquarium, kids museums, etc) whereas DD2 just gets dragged on errands and her sisters friends birthday parties and the like. Oh dear. Must give this child's brain cells done more stimulation in the precious 0-3 years!

crl
06-07-2012, 01:46 AM
:hug: Not really. Dd's first was bittersweet for me, not because I was sad she was turning one, but because it reminded me how hard it was that we missed ds' first birthday (he was adopted at 13.5 months). Different things just hit each of us differently, I think. I remember being very surprised to find myself sad to sell the Bob stroller I used for neighborhood walks with ds.

Catherine

Tondi G
06-07-2012, 02:22 AM
Oh man ... do I know the feeling! My DS2 just turned 7 and it was a rough one. He is in 1st grade (soon to be 2nd grade) and is ALL boy ... there is 100% NO BABY left in this child. Both my DH and I were feeling very emotional around his birthday. I actually cried thinking about the fact that my baby is almost a 2nd grader and my 1st born is going on to Middle School next year. The years just start racing by especially when both kids are in elementary school. It's hard to think that having a "baby" is a closed chapter in my life. sigh

weech
06-07-2012, 08:05 AM
I was super sentimental and emotional about DS turning two a couple months ago. He just... I don't know. He used to be my little tiny baby and now he's running all over the house telling me his nose is coming out! :rotflmao: (nose is running). DH got super annoyed with me around DS's birthday because I was kind of weepy and annoying. I totally get it!

Mommy_Mea
06-07-2012, 09:27 AM
I felt that way about 2 as well with DS1, and the first birthday didn't phase me. DS1 is about to turn 3, and it is seems even harder! Maybe because he is so quickly becoming a little boy and there is no baby left? Anyways, big hugs, I understand!

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

sarahsthreads
06-07-2012, 10:08 AM
You know, I was OK with birthdays 1, 2 and 3...but we're approaching 4 and I have been super emotional about it. I think it's because by the time DD1 turned 4 I had DD2. But now...well, we were really hoping for a third and for various reasons (mostly my uncooperative body) it looks like that's not happening. And DD2 is suddenly so very much a "big girl" that it takes my breath away. I live for the very rare moments she still wants to cuddle.

I think it's totally normal. It is really hard to think about the end of baby days. :hug:

Sarah

wencit
06-07-2012, 10:37 AM
3 really, really got me with ds2.:yeahthat:

To me, two is still enough of a "baby" that I didn't feel very sentimental about it. But at 3, they're pretty much walking, talking, little individuals with their own personalities and opinions.

It IS tough to think about the end of the baby days. :hug:

♥ms.pacman♥
06-07-2012, 10:54 AM
for me, DS's 1st and 2nd bday were totally ok, but DD's 1st birthday really threw me for a loop..i spent most of the day in tears. Probably bc she was a preemie, and thinking about the her whole birth/NICU experience just put me over the edge. I thought that since she was totally healthy and everything it would be all happy and anything, but it totally was not. I even posted about it here and a few other preemie mamas shared the same feelings, which was so helpful. Part of it could also be she is my 2nd and possibly our last baby, too.