PDA

View Full Version : Cl wwyd?

DietCokeLover
06-06-2012, 11:51 PM
My learning tower is on CL. I received an email from someone saying they would like to have it but wouldn't be able to pick it up until June 28. She then says she would send me a partial amount for a good faith gesture.

Do you think this is a scam? Would you do this?

nfowife
06-06-2012, 11:58 PM
I would say to have them contact you on the 27th and if it is still available they are welcome to get it on the 28th. But that you would like it out of your home sooner if possible so until they can get it, it is for sale.

AngB
06-06-2012, 11:59 PM
I would say no. If it's still available on June 28th they can buy it, otherwise you won't hold it.

kijip
06-07-2012, 12:02 AM
I would say to have them contact you on the 27th and if it is still available they are welcome to get it on the 28th. But that you would like it out of your home sooner if possible so until they can get it, it is for sale.

Exactly. Holding something that long is a PITA. I would not do it, but let her know she can contact you at the end of the month just in case you still have it.

I don't think it is a scam. It is likely someone who can't afford it till they get paid or something.

Octobermommy
06-07-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm not sure it's a scam but I wouldn't do it. I would say that you would be happy to let her know on the 27th if it is still available.

wellyes
06-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Probably not a scam but I would decline. You have nothing to lose , she is clearly a very interested buyer.

Melaine
06-07-2012, 06:49 AM
I'm not sure it's a scam but I wouldn't do it. I would say that you would be happy to let her know on the 27th if it is still available.

:yeahthat: I have had people ask to do this before, I don't really think it's a scam, I think people are genuinely short on cash or have difficulty picking up, but do want the item. I am uncomfortable with any kind of partial transaction so I just say I can't hold it.

TwinFoxes
06-07-2012, 07:56 AM
I wouldn't do it. What if she changes her mind in a week and demands her money back? Plenty of other fish in the sea.

Binkandabee
06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't do this, either. She could change her mind, she could ask for additional time, damage could happen to the item in the meantime, it's just not something worth dealing with IMO.

Pear
06-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I've had people ask to do this before and it never works out. My policy is now that I would be happy to send them an e-mail letting them know the item is still available if I haven't managed to sell it already

DietCokeLover
06-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks for your advice. I emailed her and told her basically what you all have said. We'll see if she or it is still around in about 3 weeks.