PDA

View Full Version : SF experts: any great breakfast places near the SF Zoo?

new_mom_mry
06-07-2012, 10:58 AM
We are heading up to the city for the wknd and are planning to take DS to the SF Zoo for the first time (our big boy has graduated from the San Jose Happy Hollow Zoo to the real thing I guess). I don't really know the area around the zoo too well. Can anyone familiar with the area suggest a great breakfast place near the Zoo for a pre-zoo family breakfast? Thanks!

crl
06-07-2012, 11:08 AM
When we lived in Miraloma we used to eat at the Tennessee Grill.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-tennessee-grill-san-francisco

It's a dinner. You can probably find something closer though--I'd search yelp for reviews.

Have fun!
Catherine

katydid1971
06-07-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm not a SF expert and this is very touristy but the Cliff House is kind of famous for their omelets. Its not close but its just a few miles down Great Highway from the zoo.

new_mom_mry
06-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Thank you, Catherine. I am pretty sure that we are having dinner with our relatives who live in the city, but will definitely check this place out another time!!

Snow mom
06-07-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm not a SF expert and this is very touristy but the Cliff House is kind of famous for their omelets. Its not close but its just a few miles down Great Highway from the zoo.

Even better, just up the hill from the cliff house is Louis'. I'd say less pretentious and more kid friendly. We also like the Village Grill in West Portal (which is up Sloat from the Zoo.) I can't remember for certain if these are both cash only establishments, but I kind of feel like at least one of them is so I'd be prepared for that.

crl
06-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Thank you, Catherine. I am pretty sure that we are having dinner with our relatives who live in the city, but will definitely check this place out another time!!

Sorry, mistyped, it is a diner. They do breakfast, in fact, that's all I have ever been there for. But I am sure there is other stuff closer to the zoo.

Catherine

new_mom_mry
06-07-2012, 11:39 AM
thanks everyone, great ideas!