PDA

View Full Version : WWYD - Bring a gift?

HonoluluMom
06-07-2012, 01:04 PM
So here's the situation:

I run into Neighbor A and she tells me that Neighbor B's daughter just turned X years old, but didn't have a party because the other daughter recently had a huge party. Neighbor A said she and Neighbor B were talking about a recent block party and (I think) Neighbor A said let's have another block party. My impression is that the lack of a birthday party was the reason for throwing another block party.

Uh, do I bring a birthday gift to the block party? WWYD? Also, if I do bring a present, do I bring another one for Neighbor B's other daughter (who also just had a birthday). I would ask Neighbor A, but I haven't seen her around recently.

FWIW, I have met Neighbor B and the children once although we do the friendly waves when we see each other.

I feel like such a social dweeb.

SnuggleBuggles
06-07-2012, 01:21 PM
No. Not expected or necessary.

roseyloxs
06-07-2012, 01:23 PM
No. I also wouldn't feel sorry for the daughter that didn't get a birthday party. Growing up we had parties for certain ages but then just family dinner and cake for the other birthdays. It was still loads of fun and there was no jealousy on years that a sibling had a party year.

ErinMC
06-07-2012, 01:23 PM
No. Not expected or necessary.

Agreed.

momm
06-07-2012, 01:24 PM
No. Unless explicitly specified as a birthday party, I wouldn't bring a gift.

ett
06-07-2012, 02:11 PM
No gift necessary.

elbenn
06-07-2012, 02:12 PM
As PPs have said, no gift necessary.