PDA

View Full Version : Tables and/or Chairs for a party?

GaPeach_in_Ca
06-07-2012, 03:26 PM
A while back I asked about having an adult party. We are having the party in about 3 weeks. I think about 60 people are coming.

Now I need to decide about tables/chairs. I was thinking of renting some bar height tables. That way people can just lean up against. But then there's not really seating ... I'm just not sure. We 14-15 seats outside as it is. The food is from a food truck, so you can eat it standing, but I think it's better with somewhere to sit it down.

Any advice? Any website with planning info? We don't have a huge yard, so I don't want to rent a bunch of round table/chairs really. But I could if needed.

lmh2402
06-07-2012, 04:11 PM
i think you should rent the tables and chairs

i don't think you need to rent enough for all 60 people to be sitting at the same time

but you should offer your guests an option to sit to eat, or if they're tired of standing, etc

we threw my parents a surprise anniversary party last summer and rented tables/chairs and table clothes to use on our wrap around porch

the seats were always in use.

as for planning, i don't know exactly what you're looking for, but you can think through the best layout for where to put the rented stuff so you still have plenty of space for people to mingle/walk around

wellyes
06-07-2012, 04:33 PM
60 people and 15 chairs is a no-go. Just get banquet style tables and chairs. I know it seems worse for conversation, but people move around a bit, it works out just fine.

GaPeach_in_Ca
06-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Ok, makes sense. Thanks. :)
We will get some tables & chairs!

HannaAddict
06-07-2012, 05:23 PM
We had 50 for a buffet catered and drinks and rented cocktail tables, no chairs. The seating we had wasn't even fully used, everyone wanted to talk standing up and filled the kitchen (huge kitchen with large island where wine, etc. was set up.). If I rented chairs I
Would only do a handful (10?) and stick
With several (3?) round cocktail tables
With tablecloths. Especially since food truck food! We were fine with chicken parm, gnocchi, salad and apps. We didn't have our living room furniture (new house), had six or eight dining room chairs around edge of dining room, food set up in dining room, four chat style bar stools at eating bar in kitchen and one large family room couch and chair with coffee table and then three cocktail tables. It worked
Great and it was a fun festive mingling atmosphere! Good luck.

GaPeach_in_Ca
06-07-2012, 05:33 PM
HannaAddict, That was the scenario I was thinking of. We have a sectional inside, plus other chairs & the dining chairs as well as the outside seating. I think I might do a combo of the cocktail tables and then maybe 2 tables & chairs. Oh, I have no idea really. :)