PDA

View Full Version : Baggage that arrives before a passenger?

mom2binsd
06-07-2012, 05:10 PM
My dad was supposed to arrive today, but due to his inability to pay attention missed his flight....can you tell I'm irritated..anyway, he is booked tomorrow but his bag has already gone ahead.

Should I go to the arrival destination and talk to the counter agent? I don't expect them to give me the bag, but I'd prefer it at least get put away till her arrives tomorrow. Our local airport is tiny so it's no big deal to park and pop in and it's about a 5 min drive from my house.

I have a copy of his intineary and updated flight info!

rin
06-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Usually (although this may depend on the airline) they'll take bags that aren't claimed within a certain amount of time after a flight lands and put them in the locked baggage room. If it's really no trouble for you to swing by, though, it certainly wouldn't hurt to go check with them. My brother once had a bag stolen after he missed a connecting flight & his bag went on ahead; don't know how long it was after the flight landed that someone swiped it, but it does happen.

mariza
06-07-2012, 07:32 PM
I would just call the airline and give them your dads info. They will trace the bag and hold it until her gets there.

mom2binsd
06-07-2012, 11:55 PM
I ended up going to the airport, it was quicker than trying to find a number to call because it wasn't really "lost"....the gal at the AA ticket counter said to just go over to baggage claim and see if it was on the carousel and I could take it...there is no security/checking claim checks here...it wasn't there.

After talking with my dad, who apparently fell asleep in the departure area....ugh..living with a dad who had a frontal lobe brain injury 30 years ago has been interesting...anyway, when a passenger doesn't board they take their luggage off the plane. So he has it and we'll try again tomorrow.