PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, credit union?

echoesofspring
06-07-2012, 11:57 PM
I have defended you for the last couple of months, even though you treated my DH like a suspected criminal when he tried to deposit a large check to open our account, and then managed to not put his next deposit in the right account, resulting in a weekend's errands worth of overdraft fees and headaches. I never had a problem with my deposits and the branch manager was very apologetic about the accidental overdrafts and made sure the fees had been removed.

But today I called for help in clarifying a debit charge to some unknown abbreviation the answer I got was 'why don't you google the abbreviation?' Really?? And then you placed me on hold, *googled* it yourself and came back suggesting an Indian restaurant I don't think we have ever eaten at. I figured out who it was myself, thank you very much, but really, you can't tell me where my money went? I might have uneasily laughed it off had your customer service person shown even 1 ounce of understanding the the answer 'we can't help you, but maybe google can' was lame and unsatisfactory. You expect me to trust you with my money? I don't think so. Byebye.

Octobermommy
06-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Sorry. That sounds so frustrating. I think customer service & common sense have gone out the window.

TwinFoxes
06-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Wow, why not google it??? That is insane. I'm sorry, there has to be some sort of merchant code they could check. It's disappointing it's a credit union, they're our last hope against the gargantuan national banks!

jal
06-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Apparently Credit Unions are not the only ones that do this sort of thing. I was shopping the other day for a rain jacket. I came across some jackets that I could not tell if they were "water proof" or simply "water resistant". The label didn't make it clear, but did give a 1-800 number to call for customer service.

You would think the customer support center for a clothing manufacturer would have information about their products, but I could tell from the conversation that he was using google to research the information while we were on the phone.