PDA

View Full Version : End of year blues

Twoboos
06-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Anyone else get them? I feel so sad at the end of each school year. I remember being like this when I was actually in school, too.

My are kids growing up SO FAST - they are going to be in 2nd and 3rd grade next year. WHAT?! :47: And lets not forget, I'm mourning the end of my free time for a few months, lol.

I really really need to be better about living in and enjoying each moment with them. Some days I feel like I have wished away their childhood. :(

Nechums
06-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes! I was just saying this to DH. DS isnt even in pre-k yet (next year), but he had such a wonderful year with two wonderful teachers that I'm sad for it to end.

mommylamb
06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
I feel like that sometimes too. Mostly because I'm always looking forward to the weekend, and the weeks seem to pass so quickly. Don't get me wrong, I am glad it's Friday :wink2:.

DS1 will be starting Kindergarten in the fall, and that's just insane to me. He was just born, I swear! And DS2 rolled over for the first time the other day. He really was just born, and already getting mobile. It seems like the time with DS2 is passing even faster than it has with DS1. I love this time so much with having young children. I've really never been happier in my whole life. It scares me that it goes by so quickly.

KrisM
06-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Yes.

I clearly remember being overwhelmed shortly after DS2 was born and I had a 2 and 4 year old. I remember thinking 'only 3 more years and I'll get a break'. That would be when DS2 started preschool. Well, he just finished his first year!

I can't believe now that only one more year of preschool and then my kids will all be in elementary. Crazy.

As for the stress of summer, I found my first grey hair today :(

happymom
06-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Well I love the end of the year because I'm a teacher and it means vacation! But I am sad that DD is leaving her teacher who we loved so much. I hope she is as happy in camp as she was in playgroup! And yes, I can't believe how time is flying!

missym
06-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I got a bit weepy when I picked the girls up from school on their last day this year. Gwen just finished 3rd, which means she'll move to a different school next year, and Becca finished Kindergarten - so a milestone for both of them. Plus, Gwen had the most amazing teacher this year. She really struggled in 2nd with her teacher's approach to her ADHD, and this teacher "got" her in a way that was truly inspiring. It was such a great year.