PDA

View Full Version : Are you a child's godparent?

justlearning
06-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Poll coming...

When I tried to post a poll, it said that I couldn't due to posting another one just like it. So I was going to give these four options:

(1) No
(2) Yes--to relatives' child/children
(3) Yes--to friends' child/children
(4) Yes--to both friends' and relatives' children

Green_Tea
06-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Poll coming...

When I tried to post a poll, it said that I couldn't due to posting another one just like it. So I was going to give these four options:

(1) No
(2) Yes--to relatives' child/children
(3) Yes--to friends' child/children
(4) Yes--to both friends' and relatives' children

Yes, option #4. I am my niece's godmother (DH's sister's daughter, DH is her godfather) and also my BFF's son's godmother.

justlearning
06-08-2012, 12:57 PM
My answer is no. But I don't have any nieces or nephews, nor does my husband. And the friends we have who do have godparents for their kids have asked a sibling to fulfill that role.

Twoboos
06-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Yes, I am my niece's Godfather - really. I have already told her, "Don't ever go against the family!" :ROTFLMAO:

(Bro and SIL both wanted their sisters to be Godmothers, but I said I wanted to be the Godfather!! :D)

lizzywednesday
06-08-2012, 01:04 PM
No, I am not a child's godparent, though I do have very special relationships with some of my friends' kids that could make me an "honorary" godmama in a way.

I think my sister had wanted to ask me to be my nephew's godmother, but since I am not a churchgoer anymore and she needed at least one Confirmed Catholic to serve as such, I was out. (And, well, I'd also had a baby 2 weeks before, so maybe that complicated things!)

We'll see what happens for her 2nd when he arrives in September.

ZeeBaby
06-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Option 4. I am my niece's godmother and godmother to two friend's kids.

weech
06-08-2012, 01:29 PM
3 or 4. I'm the godmother to my best friend's first born. She and I are more like family and consider each other family, but obviously we're not biologically.

Gena
06-08-2012, 01:59 PM
I am not, but DH is the Godfather of our eldest niece.

MamaKath
06-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Number four. I am godmother to three children. Two are relatives, one is a friend's child. Dh is godfather to only 1, his nephew. In his family the tradition was to choose a couple so he and I are his nephew's godparents together.

123LuckyMom
06-08-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm godmother to three children, all of whom are the children of friends. Our children's godparents are also friends. Their aunts and uncles are just that. That way the kids have even more "family". Also, their guardians are other family members, so the circle of loved ones is wide.

larig
06-08-2012, 06:40 PM
3--and they are to ours