PDA

View Full Version : Reward system - advice on the reward

niccig
06-08-2012, 01:54 PM
I decided to do a ticket system with DS over the summer. But I don't know how many tickets each reward should be, or even what the rewards could be.

So, any advice on what you have done.
Thanks.

katydid1971
06-08-2012, 02:13 PM
I've done tickets in exchange for wii time. Now I tend to give a quarter or two for rewards. What are you planning on give them for doing, chores, school work, I think that makes a difference what the reward is worth.

niccig
06-08-2012, 02:34 PM
It's for school work. Mostly reading. We're working through a reading program - phonics, worksheets, reading early readers. DS is 7.5, just finished grade 1. Reading is just clicking with him, so I'm continuing on with where he finished at school.

doberbrat
06-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Ours focus on am and bedtime routines .... 1 chip for doing things with some prompting. 2 chips if she does them unasked (I want to reward self direction) and 0 if I have to ask 3 or more times. If it gets to screaming point or she refuses its -5 chips.

rewards - new coveted book, solo ice cream outting, toy ring, ice skating trip . prizes vary - ice cream was 100 chips. book was 25. ring 10