PDA

View Full Version : Omg dh!

arivecchi
06-08-2012, 03:49 PM
DH is a very smart man - probably one of the smartest most educated people I have ever met. Yet - he could not figure out directions even if his life depended on it.

Do not call me at work so many times to get directions!!!!

How about you pop out that nice iphone of yours and figure out how to use that certain super secret app called google maps.

He pulls this stunt all the time!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

/vent over/

TwinFoxes
06-08-2012, 04:07 PM
I saw the title and thought "oooh, what'd he lose??" :) I guess the answer is "his sense of direction."

boolady
06-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Don't get me started. DH spent his entire childhood being drug around on car trips going everywhere "the back way" all over the northeast by my FIL. DH believes this made him know where things are. Everything "looks familiar" to him; therefore, he never believes he needs directions.

In reality, he has a really terrible sense of direction. He has no idea when he's traveling north, south, east or west. He will go some "back way" to get somewhere that actually takes twice as long and I can literally tell that we're traveling in a direction we already traveled. Drives me insane.

Now that I've convinced him that he needs to get directions for someplace he's never been before (and even some he has), he calls me to do it, too, when he's actually willing to believe that directions are accurate. He will seriously email or call me from his desk at work to my desk at work and ask me to do it. It's ridiculous.

swissair81
06-08-2012, 04:19 PM
My husband can't find his way along an interstate without GPS. I have a really good sense of direction. It irritates the heck out of me.

elektra
06-08-2012, 04:23 PM
I thought you were going to say that he lost his iPhone too!

niccig
06-08-2012, 04:47 PM
This is me. I have no sense of direction. When we got my car, I was debating the navigation and back up camera as it was a lot more money for that model. DH pointed out that I get lost in our city and we've lived here for 7 years and I can't reverse into a parking space to save my life, so the nav/camera were essential purchases for me. He was so right!

swissair81
06-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah, my dh insisted in a back up camera for me too. Funny that he gets all upset that I refuse to use the nav in my car unless I need it. The moving map is really distracting.

arivecchi
06-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh, thanks for reminding me! He actually HAS a navigation system in his car too! So he has to call me when he has an iphone AND a navigation system at his disposal???? (He just cannot bother to figure out how to use them - seriously). :banghead:

elliput
06-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Oh, thanks for reminding me! He actually HAS a navigation system in his car too! So he has to call me when he has an iphone AND a navigation system at his disposal???? (He just cannot bother to figure out how to use them - seriously). :banghead:
This sounds like my DH. He'll print off maps on paper instead of using the GPS or nav system. :banghead:

Globetrotter
06-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Dh is like that. Brilliant academically but omg he can't even make a reservation without breaking into a sweat!

larig
06-08-2012, 06:39 PM

:yeahthat: :hysterical:

Melbel
06-08-2012, 07:29 PM
That is frustrating. I am a bit directionally challenged at times, but do not hesitate to use the NAV system in the car or a map app on my iPhone (now I am starting to see why DH got me these features).

Look at it this way - at least he would actually ASK for directions, which is a step in the right direction. Does he have siri on his iPhone. If so, he should be able to get directions with a voice command.

Twoboos
06-08-2012, 07:59 PM

I thought so, too!!! :ROTFLMAO:

Green_Tea
06-08-2012, 08:59 PM
My DH has NO sense of direction and it makes. me. crazy. because he believes his sense of direction is STELLAR. When we drove to DC in April, I told him to stay on 95 and wake me up at the Delaware state line. He woke me up an hour later and said, "Hey, the Garden State Parkway is the same as 95, right?" Um, NO IT IS NOT. We ended up tacking 3 hours onto our trip because of that little detour.

The kicker? He won't buy (and doesn't want me to buy) a GPS. Because he thinks that's a crutch.

Newflash, DH: Your legs are BROKEN and you NEED a crutch!

arivecchi
06-08-2012, 10:14 PM
This sounds like my DH. He'll print off maps on paper instead of using the GPS or nav system. :banghead: That is totally DH too. Old school - but he could not even be bothered to print out a map this time - because he "knew the way". Sure buddy.

Dh is like that. Brilliant academically but omg he can't even make a reservation without breaking into a sweat! This is exactly it! It's like he devotes all of his mental energy to certain things and is completely useless for the rest.

The kicker? He won't buy (and doesn't want me to buy) a GPS. Because he thinks that's a crutch.

Newflash, DH: Your legs are BROKEN and you NEED a crutch! :hysterical: Ok, your DH wins!

elektra
06-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Dh is like that. Brilliant academically but omg he can't even make a reservation without breaking into a sweat!

I guess I should be thankful for my Cal State educated DH- he doesn't lose stuff, and can find his way around town just fine! LOL!

The genius thing reminds me of a wedding I was in once where the groomsman I was walking with was an NFL player. An athletic genius if you will. ;) He was super nervous, kept asking me about when we were supposed to walk down the aisle, which way to turn,etc. I was thinking, "dude, don't you have to memorize all kinds of plays and perform in front of thousands of people every week?? Relax! It's just a little wedding!"

I recall other BBB'ers posting about their forgetful genius DH's too. There must be something to it. ;)

nfowife
06-08-2012, 11:12 PM
My husband is the same way. And he is a trained military navigator! It was his job. Ugh!

MontrealMum
06-08-2012, 11:30 PM

I think it's funny that this is what many of us thought when we read the title :hysterical: And it reminds me to go get my phone back from DH. He borrows it from time to time and I do NOT want it lost.

zukeypur
06-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Mine does the EXACT. SAME. THING.

mommylamb
06-09-2012, 07:02 AM
I saw the title and thought "oooh, what'd he lose??" :) I guess the answer is "his sense of direction."

My first thought too. LOL! My DH is the same except he pretty much refuses to go places he hasn't been before unless I'm with him. And it baffles him how when we are going someplace that I will try new routes and that I know what direction we are facing instinctively. The whole North South East West thing is totally lost on him. DS1 has a better sense of direction already.

arivecchi
06-09-2012, 09:18 AM
My husband is the same way. And he is a trained military navigator! It was his job. Ugh!. :hysterical: I'm sure it's not funny at all to you, but omg, the irony!

arivecchi
06-09-2012, 09:20 AM
The genius thing reminds me of a wedding I was in once where the groomsman I was walking with was an NFL player. An athletic genius if you will. ;) He was super nervous, kept asking me about when we were supposed to walk down the aisle, which way to turn,etc. I was thinking, "dude, don't you have to memorize all kinds of plays and perform in front of thousands of people every week?? Relax! It's just a little wedding!"

;). That is really cute though. He really cared I guess!