PDA

View Full Version : DD2 won't keep her diaper on!!!

newg
06-09-2012, 01:41 PM
What can I do???!! I did not have this problem with DD1 at all!!

DD2 is 22 months old and has decided within the last week or so that she loves taking her diaper off.......and she's gotten really good at it!!

She wears a sleep sack for naps and night time....she pulls the shoulder down and just shimmys out of it, pulls her bottoms off and pops that diaper off like nothing. Two times now it's been a poopy one :(

Even during the day now, she'll just whip that diaper off like nothing. I've tried a onesie and she just stretches the neck out and reaches down inside of it to open the diaper up!!! At least she can't fully take it off, but I'm not a fan of poopy hands!!

Is there any trick.....besides duct tape....that I can try?

mikala
06-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Could you try a zippered sleeper on backwards so she can't reach the zipper pull?

rin
06-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Duct tape.

I got very, very, very sick of cleaning up poop and pee from her bed, her play mat, the floor, our bed, the dog's bed; basically anywhere she could sneak off to and remove the diaper.

Now we tell DD that she has a choice; leave the diaper on, or duct tape. Naps didn't get a choice; always duct tape.

I figure the trauma/loss of dignity with duct tape pales in comparison to the unsanitary loss of dignity/health hazard involved in being covered in s**t. Plus, less laundry for me. She is growing out of it; we haven't had to put duct tape on in a week or so. There was a period where she wore duct tape almost all day, every day.

newg
06-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Could you try a zippered sleeper on backwards so she can't reach the zipper pull?

it's too hot for footie pjs right now (high 80's-90's outside) and she's a hot baby...even with the AC on. I put her sleep sack on backwards already and she's figured out how to pull it, so she can pull her arm back in and then out the neck hole and the pull it all the way down. :(

newg
06-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Duct tape.

I got very, very, very sick of cleaning up poop and pee from her bed, her play mat, the floor, our bed, the dog's bed; basically anywhere she could sneak off to and remove the diaper.

Now we tell DD that she has a choice; leave the diaper on, or duct tape. Naps didn't get a choice; always duct tape.

I figure the trauma/loss of dignity with duct tape pales in comparison to the unsanitary loss of dignity/health hazard involved in being covered in s**t. Plus, less laundry for me. She is growing out of it; we haven't had to put duct tape on in a week or so. There was a period where she wore duct tape almost all day, every day.

did you put duct tape all the way around, or just across the front?

rin
06-09-2012, 03:22 PM
did you put duct tape all the way around, or just across the front?

All the way around, otherwise she tore it off. We make sure the ends are in the back; if they're in the front, DD still takes it off.

I know it seems extreme, but I seriously could not find any other solution, and I was so. sick. of cleaning up messes. We tried onesies, backwards zippered pjs, and tight fitting blue jeans (all without success, I should say). If you do come up with another solution, please do come back and post!

annex
06-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Baby Gap has short sleeved one piece cotton sleep "rompers" you can put on backwards. They were laundry savers here, very much worth the $$

ExcitedMamma
06-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Are you doing any PT? DS started doing this when we started PT and the consequences were going to the bathroom when he was taking his diaper off. Obviously not something DS liked so it curbed the behavior pretty quickly. He knows now that he can only pull down his pants in the bathroom to go potty.

Good luck! I did not enjoy those poopy diaper hands but they didn't last long.

crl
06-10-2012, 01:30 PM
HA onsies have snaps at the shoulders and my diaper diving houdini can't wiggle out of them or undo the snaps.

Catherine

newg
06-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Are you doing any PT? DS started doing this when we started PT and the consequences were going to the bathroom when he was taking his diaper off. Obviously not something DS liked so it curbed the behavior pretty quickly. He knows now that he can only pull down his pants in the bathroom to go potty.

Good luck! I did not enjoy those poopy diaper hands but they didn't last long.

No PT yet. She's only 22 months........and while some part of me thinks I could PT her now, I'm not sure dealing with pee/poop in the panties would be much better :tongue5:

I'm headed to the mall this week, so I may check out the GAP pjs.

I did a onesie w/pj shorts on the outside...and while she pulled the onesie down, she couldn't get past the shorts to open the diaper; so fingers crossed I've found a way to slow her down.......

bearwithme
06-12-2012, 12:27 PM
While my dd isn't quite as bad, she loves taking her diaper off. For night time, we put a diaper on and then another diaper over it - on backwards! I bet the 2nd diaper with duct tape would be even better.

Still-in-Shock
06-27-2012, 05:31 PM
I think my Mom started PT on me that early, because of something similar. If the only time she is removing her diaper is when it's dirty, you may need to change her more often. It sounds like she is trying to tell you something for sure.

Good luck, and remember - she will out grow this before her wedding.