PDA

View Full Version : Am I reading these specs right? MB duo v. Valco twin

Green22
06-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Was researching the mountain buggy duo (am very tempted by the gilt sale) and the valco baby twin trimode.

I read that on the mb the "seat back" is 20 in. And 24 in to top of canopy.
The valco twin says "back height" is 30 in and 36 in to top of canopy.

These are comparing the same dimensions, right? So the valco gives 10 more inches than the mb in torso-height (to add another description)?

My next question: is this necessary for most? I guess i dont know what the average is. I also wonder if this makes the valco harder to fold for car transport? We have a cr-v which i think could handle both?

One more question: if you had a stroller with a bassinet, how long did you use it before moving the baby to the regular stroller seat?

roseyloxs
06-10-2012, 05:51 AM
I looked at old baby gizmo reviews and they quote the valco seat back height as 20" with 26" clearance to canopy. So that gives you 2" more of canopy clearance over the duo.

strollerqueen
06-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Was researching the mountain buggy duo (am very tempted by the gilt sale) and the valco baby twin trimode.

I read that on the mb the "seat back" is 20 in. And 24 in to top of canopy.
The valco twin says "back height" is 30 in and 36 in to top of canopy.

These are comparing the same dimensions, right? So the valco gives 10 more inches than the mb in torso-height (to add another description)?

My next question: is this necessary for most? I guess i dont know what the average is. I also wonder if this makes the valco harder to fold for car transport? We have a cr-v which i think could handle both?

One more question: if you had a stroller with a bassinet, how long did you use it before moving the baby to the regular stroller seat?
Typos. Sorry. :34:

moll73
06-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Personally, I think every inch helps! I'm going with the GT b/c I have taller, bigger kids who still like to ride (6, 3, and 17mos.).

Green22
06-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Thanks, I thought these were typos or I was missing something. I could not imagine that big a difference .. .

I'd like to get as much height as I can, DD is so tall. However she refuses to ride anymore. I'm hoping it is a phase.

My sadness about going back to work has been channeled into a stroller-researching obsession. I'm spending all this time researching strollers to push kids around, when I'm not even going to be around to push them except for weekends! Awesome.

moll73
06-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks, I thought these were typos or I was missing something. I could not imagine that big a difference .. .

I'd like to get as much height as I can, DD is so tall. However she refuses to ride anymore. I'm hoping it is a phase.

My sadness about going back to work has been channeled into a stroller-researching obsession. I'm spending all this time researching strollers to push kids around, when I'm not even going to be around to push them except for weekends! Awesome.

I'm sorry, I know that is so hard.:cry: At least you are doing everything you can to make sure they ride in style and comfort when you can't be there! How old is your DD and it sounds like you are expecting #2? I would really hold out to see about the Valco Spark when it comes out later this summer. I think most children go through phases when they want to be more independent and don't want to ride, but almost always come back around.