PDA

View Full Version : What to take a male coworker/friend in the hospital?

erosenst
06-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Title says most of it! He's 27, married with a 5 month old. Unclear how long he'll be there - I'll leave it at the doctors aren't sure what's causing the issue and how/if to treat. He'll be there at least 24 more hours, as they're not allowing food/drink yet.

I'm going to run over tonight to say hello (he's uncomfortable, but not in pain - we've been texting sporadically in 24 hours he's been there). I don't want to go empty handed. Food is obviously out, as he's not allowed to eat. Flowers seem....odd?....for a man. After that - I'm stumped. Know he has his Kindle Fire, but doesn't really feel like reading/watching movies; at the same time, he's bored.

Suggestions?

candaceb
06-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Credit for amazon streaming videos?

sntm
06-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Magazines? Sports, golf, economist, news mags, beer mags.

dhano923
06-10-2012, 02:38 PM
You could take a potted plant instead of flowers. Magazines and a deck of cards might be good.

crl
06-10-2012, 03:03 PM
I will second magazines. Easy to flip through without having to really concentrate.

Catherine

waitingforgrace
06-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Magazines are good and although he can't eat yet a restaurant gift card might be good for when he's released or so he could give his wife since I'm sure she busy trying to be with him and caring for the baby.

erosenst
06-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks... Think I may pick up a few 'trashy' magazines, like People and Us. Hopefully they'll be a good distraction for him, his wife, or both.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk