PDA

View Full Version : My first drive by...

truly scrumptious
06-10-2012, 02:22 PM
To the random lady who decided to comment on DS playing with the rocks at the (outdoor) mall, while we waited 20 mins (yes 20!) after ordering for a Friendly's employee to put one scoop of strawberry ice cream onto one cone (seriously, Friendly's?)

1. He is 3
2. He's had a long day
3. I was watching to make sure he wasn't hurting anyone or anything. You might be concerned about the landscaping but I'm concerned about him having a screaming fit.
4. Telling me he shouldn't be doing that and when I ask for a better suggestion telling me I should walk him around is not helpful because a)he's not a dog and b) how am I supposed to walk around and simultaneously stand in line for ice cream.
5. Thank you for derailing a lesson on being patient by criticizing
AND
6. I have never in my life been rude enough to tell anyone outright to "Mind your own business. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything." but BOY did it feel good when I said it to you!

swissair81
06-10-2012, 03:13 PM
She's so lucky she never met me. I would have had a hormonal hissy fit at her. Good for you for standing up for yourself!

waitingforgrace
06-10-2012, 03:31 PM
I just love people who think kids shouldn't touch *anything*. Zeesh it's just rocks, who cares.

SnuggleBuggles
06-10-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm so proud of you for saying something!!! How did she respond?

TwinFoxes
06-10-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm all for being polite, but some people need to be put in their place. Think of it as a service to the next mom that she'll think twice about saying something to.

truly scrumptious
06-10-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm so proud of you for saying something!!! How did she respond?

I couldn't believe I actually had the courage to stand up to her - and in front of everyone else waiting too! (lots of other families with impatient kids) I was red in the face from her effrontery and my own reaction!
She was totally embarrassed that I asked her to mind her own business, she grimaced and walked a little distance away to wait for her own ice cream. I was just glad she wasn't around glaring at DS who was really being amazingly patient.

elliput
06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Good for you! She needed a big dose of MYOB. :13:

I'm guessing there was not a sign asking patrons to please not play with the rocks?

MamaMolly
06-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Boo-yah mama! I'm proud of you! :applause:

truly scrumptious
06-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm guessing there was not a sign asking patrons to please not play with the rocks?

Nothing whatsoever. And evidence of other kids having played with rocks all around the mall.