PDA

View Full Version : Leave in conditioner recommendations for dd?

crl
06-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I'd like to find a lightweight leave in condition for dd (age two) that gets a good EWG rating. She has slightly curly hair and now that it is summer I am having to wash it more often and it is a bit dry and static-y. She hates having her hair washed so I don't want to add another rinse to the ordeal. Less scent is better.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Catherine

twowhat?
06-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Jojoba oil? That's what we use though for stick straight hair I apply it just to the ends so it doesn't end up looking greasy. With curly hair I bet you could use more. I just rub it in my palms and then run through the hair.

nfowife
06-10-2012, 10:38 PM
I use this product on my DD:
http://www.amazon.com/FX-Moroccan-Moisture-Argan-Oil/dp/B006I33WQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339381791&sr=8-1

It is cheap (less than $5 at walmart). The product is not in the EWG database but I went through the ingredients list one by one and the first two ingredients are a 3. Then it is 2, 1, 0, 0, and the colors are 1-4 depending on usage. I think that something in the hair (not on the scalp) would be on the very lower end of that since it's not being ingested or absorbed into the skin.

I really like it, it's not greasy, only takes a tiny amount, and really helps with the frizzies. My DD has very wavy full hair. I can put this product on many days in a row and it works well with no residue or oily look. We only shampoo her 2 times a week.

AnnieW625
06-10-2012, 10:47 PM
It is not rated by EWG, but I have thick wavy hair and I swear by Kenra Daily Provision Leave In Conditioner. I buy it in a liter bottle from a local beauty supply store.

peanut520
06-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I just take CA babies or natures baby organic conditioner and mix it in a spray bottle (approx 1 part conditioner to 10 parts water).
http://www.drugstore.com/natures-baby-organics-conditioner-and-detangler-lavender-chamomile/qxp222516?catid=183400

I use that daily instead of a leave in conditioner/detangler for dd's thick but fine straight hair every morning.