PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for Legoland and San Diego Zoo?

bisous
06-11-2012, 01:23 AM
I don't have a huge fleet but I have three: MBUD, MBUS and P3 and I'll only be bringing one stroller with me.

f I were heading to Disneyland, I'd bring the P3. It is totally flat so push isn't a huge issue and with the step and the canopy it works perfectly for my two younger kids. Plus, its narrower profile is nice in heavy crowds.

I've never been to Legoland so I don't know if it is crowded or hilly or what but I KNOW the SD ZOO is hilly like you've never seen before. I think I'd be annoyed with the P3 push on a long day at the zoo. The MBUS has a crappy canopy (although I just bought a ray shade) and no step. The MBUD is kind of overkill, even though DS2 might want a ride at some point during the day. It is just big and wide and the last time I brought it to Disney, DS2 rode for about 10 minutes tops.

What would you bring?

essnce629
06-11-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm from SD and I wouldn't bring a P3 to the zoo due to all the hills. Legoland is pretty flat, but I always bring a stroller with bigger wheels there too. It's not too crowded so you'd be fine with the double if you really needed it, but I'd probably just bring the MBUS. How old are your kids? Do you have some kind of carrier to put your youngest in in case DS2 needs to ride in the stroller for a bit? The zoo is definitely bigger than Legoland.

bisous
06-11-2012, 02:47 AM
Ooh, good info about Legoland! DS2 is 4 and rarely rides. DS3 is 9 months. I think I'll bring my ergo and pop him in!

MBUS it is! :)

essnce629
06-11-2012, 03:09 AM
DS2 is 4 and rarely rides. DS3 is 9 months.

Then for sure the MDUS and the Ergo. I don't have a P3, but I have the Pliko Switch which I once took to the zoo and said never again! Those hills are brutal!

daniele_ut
06-12-2012, 08:18 PM
We just got back from Legoland. We brought our MBUJD and I was really glad we did. DD didn't ride a ton, but it was nice to have it when she did get tired. I had my Beco with me but DS isn't a big fan of being worn lately so I was glad I had a stroller seat just for him.

We were there Memorial Day weekend and it was pretty crowded on Sunday, but not at all on Monday. We were there for multiple days because we had 5 day tickets for the price of 1 day. We spent 2 full days riding rides, almost a whole day in the water park and then dh took the 2 big kids to the SeaLife Aquarium for a few hours and then hit a few more rides on the 4th day. My 7 year old is a huge Lego fanatic, and loved it. DD really had a great time too.