PDA

View Full Version : Need anniversary gift ideas for DH

wendibird22
06-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Next month DH and I will celebrate our 8th anniversary. Each year we've given each other a gift that represents the year, either traditional or modern. I've gotten paper roses, cotton pj's, etc and last year DH got me 7 charms for my pandora, one of each "stone" of the past 7 yrs. I've managed to do ok doing the same for him (last year was copper so he got a copper key chain with 2 pennies each with our birth year as the date on the penny). I'm stumped for this year. Bronze, pottery, and the infinity symbol. He doesn't wear jewelry so while a unisex leather bracelet with an infinity symbol on it (many on etsy) seems really cool to me, I know he wouldn't ever wear it.

Any suggestions?

karstmama
06-11-2012, 08:33 PM
does he like artsy things? i'd be tempted to get a bronze colored big pottery bowl or something else lovely to display, or a smaller one to keep his keys/wallet/chap stick in (you know, you put the stuff there when you get home & fill your pockets again before you leave), or something else pottery art but useful. i have a high school friend who is a pottery artist if you'd like me to link to her stuff.

wendibird22
06-12-2012, 08:04 AM
does he like artsy things? i'd be tempted to get a bronze colored big pottery bowl or something else lovely to display, or a smaller one to keep his keys/wallet/chap stick in (you know, you put the stuff there when you get home & fill your pockets again before you leave), or something else pottery art but useful. i have a high school friend who is a pottery artist if you'd like me to link to her stuff.

He's not artsy, but a bowl on his nightstand for "stuff" could be a good idea.

He does like to cook, so I'm wondering if there's something for the kitchen I could get in bronze or pottery (other than a serving dish which he wouldn't be into).

mariza
06-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Pots and pans? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001CEKQHA/ref=s9_simh_awgw_d0_g79_i1/184-9736295-1520760?aid=aw_gw&apid=1353730462&arc=1201&arid=0GSMFJPTQZBFJG3WS241&asn=center-6&pf_rd_i=GatewayAW&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1353730462&pf_rd_r=0GSMFJPTQZBFJG3WS241&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=7201 sorry for the long link, I'm on my phone.

daisysmom
06-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Our 8th anniversary is next week so I need these sorts of ideas too!!

indigo99
06-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Our 8th anniversary is in two weeks. Guess we were all on the same marriage/baby train.

fedoragirl
06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Please let us know what you decide. Our 8th anniversary is this year and we stopped doing the traditional gifts after the 3rd year. Last year, our hands were tied with a week-old DS. So, I would really like to do something nice. Like your DH, mine likes practical gifts too.

wendibird22
06-13-2012, 02:15 PM
So both analon and calphalon have "bronze" colored pots/pans. I'm thinking about getting him either something to replace one of our old/beat pieces or something new that we don't have. I don't know much about hard anodized as most of our stuff is cheaper non-stick.