PDA

View Full Version : anyone else in nesting mode?

lmh2402
06-11-2012, 10:13 PM
our nursery is finally starting to come together as i have suddenly developed the ability to actually action my thoughts...so rather than thinking, "oh, i need to do this, or i need to do that..." in the last week i've actually started DOING things. not sure why i couldn't get out of my own way until now...but i guess really all that matters is that it's now finally actually happening

yay!

our furniture was finally delivered today and i spent some time tonight dusting it all down and lining the dresser drawers. my mom had taken home, sorted and washed all our gender neutral newborn and 0-3 stuff... and she's bringing it back tomorrow and will organize it and put it away in the dresser while i'm at work.

and i bought stuff to start stocking the changing table.

now i really should do something about a hospital bag too...but one thing at a time, right?

so excited! it's probably terrible to admit, but i'm finally starting to feel more excited about this baby coming!! i've been stressed out and worried about so much stuff for the past eight months and my feelings have definitely trended a lot toward being negative...but now i'm getting some big time "yay baby!!" flutters :heartbeat: :cheerleader1:

Smith_Family
06-11-2012, 10:34 PM
I have been in nesting mode for about 2 weeks now. Last week I got everything left that I needed that I didn't get at my shower. All of his clothes, crib sheets, blankets, etc. are washed and ready. The nursery is set up as well as it is going to be (the army is moving us only 8 weeks after baby is born so i'm not painting or doing anything too exciting in the nursery).

I still need to install the carseat, and pack my hospital bag as well as a bag for my 4 year old.

infocrazy
06-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Can you send me some? I soooo need to start doing things on my to do list--including write it!!!! Poor DS is due in less than three weeks and we haven't set up the crib or found the bin of newborn boy stuff yet...not to mention get the carseat newborn ready.... I did finally write the majority of my maternity leave memo today...but that was mostly because fri after tball I had lots of braxton hicks, enough that I was getting worried we were headed to the hospital!

Hopefully we can get lots done this weekend but we have a pretty busy schedule...

All my kids have been within a few days of our due date so I think I am depending too much that this guy will be too!!!! The only good thing is I think he does have a name!!!! None of our other kids ever have had a name until they were nearly a day old!!!!

zag95
06-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Yes. Over the weekend, we pulled DD's old clothes bins down (0-6 and 6-12 mos to start!) (DD is 4, so some of these things have been in storage for a while!)
Infant car seat, infant toys, swing, etc.

In the last 3-4 weeks, my parents have come over and my dad has repainted DD's new room, done the trim in both kids' rooms (including room for DD #2 who is arriving end of July/early Aug) and closet doors. I've purged and washed, packed, etc.

Yesterday, I washed all the 0-6 clothes, all blankets, all burp towels, waterproof pads, and bath linens. I folded all of them and am putting them away.

I'm purging stuff- it feels great!!!!

edurnemk
06-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Yes, absolutely, I've been washing and sorting like crazy, prepping diapers, etc this last 2 weeks. I haven't finished packing my bag, and I haven't installed the car seat, but that's all on my list for this week. It hit me this week that I'll be full term on friday, plus DS was born at exactly 38 weeks so I better get crackin'

Jenn850
06-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Yes! Finally, I'm due for a section next monday and just got into high gear. Spent the day cleaning out kitchen cabinets and hanging pictures etc. I think I did 5 loads of laundry and spent $250 at wegmans stocking up. I washed all the bottles and the breast pump just in case i need it. I know if I pack a bag for the hospital that baby will not come early so I guess that is why that is one of the last things I've been putting off!

lmh2402
06-12-2012, 05:17 AM
yeah...the car seat. i kind of forget about that one

i did check awhile back to make sure that our seat from DS was not expired

so that sort of counts toward doing something with it, right?

i should probably find the manual and remind myself how to install the base

and then it needs to be taken apart and washed...

roseyloxs
06-12-2012, 06:40 AM
I am so far away from nesting but I can't wait. There are so many things I want to get done that I just don't have the energy for.

SkyrMommy
06-12-2012, 10:07 AM
:bag Um... I may be going overboard in the 'nesting' mode. So far I've painted and moved DD into her big girl room, done a pretty major bathroom renovation for the kids' new bathroom (think round 7 month pregnant lady trying to work around her belly laying tile!) DS's nursey is all touched up, clothes are washed, diapers are ready, closet is set and I'm just waiting on delivery of his furniture. And now I'm gettting crazy with lawn projects and small house projects. I just feel like have to get this done now or it may not happen in a bit.

I still have to prep car seats, get a new stroller, buy some little bathroom things and set the hospital bag, but I'm getting there.

KLD313
06-12-2012, 11:30 AM
I sorted DD's clothes to see if she had anything usable for a boy yesterday. I also made a list of all the things I bought to see where the holes are and what I still need to get. His room is being used as junk storage so that stuff needs to be moved to another room. The room needs to be painted and I'm not doing it but my mom said she would. I have a double stroller, i have DD's carseat but it isn't set up for a newborn so need to figure that out. Do I need to wash it? I ordered his furniture over the weekend and that's about it

edurnemk
06-15-2012, 01:23 AM
Not only am I nesting IRL, I'm nesting in my dreams! :ROTFLMAO: Seriously, last night I dreamt I was frantically trying to get DD's room ready, and I was taking the crib apart to wash it :hysterical: (of course that makes no sense, but dreams don't make sense)

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow. I still have to install the car seat and finish packing my hospital bag. Everything else is ready (I think, but I'm sure I'll manage to come up with more stuff for my to do list, or some more random projects I need to take care of now)