PDA

View Full Version : Help me plan my gear for a trip

jgenie
06-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I will be traveling with both DC (DS1 - 4.5 yrs 31 lbs - DS2 - 2.5 yrs 21 lbs) later this summer. DH won't be going with us but I will have someone traveling both ways with me - my mom will do one trip and my sister will do the return trip with us. We will be dropped off at the airport in our car and picked up in same car. We will have two Roundabout 50s at our destination. My sister can help lug gear when she's with us but I don't want my mom to have to do anything other than maybe push the stroller or GoGo Kidz.

Here's the gear I currently have:

- Mac Quest
- Evenflo Triumph
- GoGo Kidz
- carrier for DS1
- Roundabout 50

I will also need to take a carry-on suitcase to carry DC nebulizers and meds as well as my DSLR and camcorder.

So, what should I take with me? Would buying something else make the trip easier? If so, what?

TIA

edurnemk
06-12-2012, 04:34 PM
I know this opinion is not popular here, but if you have car seats at your destination, and are driving to/from the airport in your car (with your car seats I assume), I would not bring the car seats. I'd prefer to get a CARES harness for the plane if you're not OK with them using the plane seat belts, but of course that's extra $$$. How long is the flight?

Even if you decide to take all that, it's doable with 2 adults, but a bit of a hassle, get there super early so you can take your time going through security, etc. I'd bungee one of the car seats to the stroller and you can sit one of the kids on top of that (I've done it with the Evenflo Maestro, it's very stable) and you can hang some of your carry ons on the stroller handle. The other adult can take the other car seat on the GoGokidz.