PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE!!!DH forgot my Kindle Fire at the hotel!! :(

OKKiddo
06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
UPDATE:

We spoke with the manager last night who advised calling again this morning so that we could check with the morning shift who was there when we left yesterday. I called amazon last night and asked if there was anything else I could do besides de-register my kindle and wipe my content from it (and thereby allow them easier path to registering it as theirs and a still completely useable Kindle Fire). Customer Service told me about blacklisting my Kindle Fire--where they not only de-register it but it makes the internet not work as well. So, when they turn the Fire on, it will be blank and not open up the internet thereby not allowing them to use, register, or take advantage of their ill gotten gains.

I felt a little better last night as I went to bed, I kept picturing my thief in the middle of watching a movie or reading one of my books and it suddenly dying in the middle of a crucial scene/paragraph. And the Amazon Customer Service Rep felt so bad he gave me a $20 Amazon Credit. :)

I felt even better this morning when I reminded DH to call them again and we found out that our Kindle had been turned on and then handed over by an employee (who said she'd turned it on to find out who's it was). So, even though we're having to pay shipping to have it returned, we're getting it back. And even though I won't be able to use it on the flight to California on Friday I'll have it for the flight back because we had them ship it directly to the hotel there.

Fingers crossed they pack it appropriately and that Amazon is just as amazing at helping me re-register it as they were at blacklisting it! Thanks for the words of encouragement and sympathy!!

My DH forgot to grab my Kindle Fire from the boys pull out bed at our hotel room in Oklahoma City today. He remembered his phone, his iPad, and his backpack full of martial arts books but forgot my Kindle Fire that the kids were playing a game on. He offered to pack us up because I was nursing the baby (who is teething again) and the Kindle was on the pull out couch under a blanket (I remember seeing it there as I undressed to give full access to the milk and even pointed it out so he wouldn't overlook it).

So, if anyone at the hotel has found it and doesn't return it, they can read this thread here because it was a favorite window for BBB! If you do read it, please, please return it!! That Kindle Fire was my means of escape from the frustrations and constant neediness of three small children and a military husband who is gone a lot! We're about to fly to California for a week (3+ hour flight each way) and I could use my Kindle on the plane, as well as in the hotel while he's off at jui jitsu classes 5 days out of our 7 day family vacation (doesn't sound very fun for the family does it?).

I could literally cry right now (and I hate crying).

Twoboos
06-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Oh no! That is so frustrating!

DH is notorious for leaving things behind. Most recently Apple items in the seatback of a plane. He called and they were able to locate the items and return them to him?! I was in shock.

Sending you mojo that the hotel staff there will do the same for you!!! :hug:

TwinFoxes
06-12-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm so sorry. Fingers crossed it's returned.

MMMommy
06-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Did you call the hotel? I accidentally left kids' ski pants in a drawer in one of the hotels we stayed at. I called, was connected to the "Security/Lost and Found" department, and the guy looked at his log book. Housekeeping stuff reports what is left in rooms, and it is logged and stored away in lost and found. The hotel shipped it to me free of charge! I was grateful. Perhaps your hotel has a similar lost and found tracking/logging system?

elephantmeg
06-12-2012, 09:40 PM
I'd say he owes you a kindle fire! I hope it's found or if not, replaced!

OKKiddo
06-12-2012, 10:47 PM
We've called about my Kindle 3 times today--my mom called (she had the number handy when we were still on the road), my husband called after we pulled over on the side of the road and double checked every pocket and cranny of every bag, and then my husband called again just a few minutes ago. The answer we've gotten: we haven't found it, we're sorry. We have been advised to call one more time tomorrow morning because it will be the same staff that was there this morning. Fingers crossed!

Still, I have already changed my passwords for everything--should I go ahead and de-register my Kindle too?

OKKiddo
06-12-2012, 11:16 PM
I'd say he owes you a kindle fire! I hope it's found or if not, replaced!

Sounds good to me, but I don't know how we'll afford it right now. It's military moving time for us and we're moving to D.C. (with pets) and need to pay for security deposits, first months rent, pet deposits, travel, food, hotel, kennels, etc. Unless he ponies up the money he spends on his jui jitsu private lessons which are his means of escape to pay for it anyway! And not to mention we won't even be in a place where I can receive a new kindle until we get a new address if we wait until the money isn't so tight (until the middle of August).

I have my mad money that I've scrimped and saved for the last 2 years--money I've tucked away instead of taking care of me better (we're talking minimal hair cuts, no mani's/pedi's, no new clothes for me unless absolutely necessary, no time off for just me, all of my stuff that I sold in the garage sale, etc). But, I'm still angry enough at him to want him to dig in his pockets so I don't want to use that.

Gahh!

ChunkyNicksChunkyMom
06-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Are you speaking to the manager? Is this a chain hotel?

MMMommy
06-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Happy for you! Glad it was found.

Twoboos
06-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Awesome update!!! Yay for good honest people!! :yay:

TwinFoxes
06-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Yay! I was really keeping my fingers crossed. :) Whenever I've left stuff at a hotel, it's always been returned. In fact, once I thought I had just left a souvenir, and when the package got to me it contained a bunch of other things I had left behind and didn't even know, including earrings.

LD92599
06-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Super update!