PDA

View Full Version : Ninja blender.....which model?

ang79
06-12-2012, 10:32 PM
I've started making smoothies for the girls and I and my old Oster blender is horrible at chopping up the frozen berries I usually use (or ice). I'd like to start throwing in spinich and nuts as well, but I'm pretty sure the blender isn't going to do anything with those. So I'm trying to convince DH that I need a new one :) I've read all the raves on her for the Vitamix and Blendtec, but I can't spend that much. I've narrowed it down to a Ninja but there are lots of different models and I can't choose. Sam's has the Master Prep Pro for $45 http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod2420046&navAction=

And BJ's has the Pulse on sale right now for $55 right now I think. I don't really need the individual smoothie cups that come w/ the pulse, as I normally just make a big jar and pour into small cups for each of us, then freeze any leftovers in popsicle molds. Will the Prep Pro handle my frozen fruit and ice well enough? I also like that that one has the chopper blade too, maybe then I could let go of my food processor that I never use but keep on hand just in case I need to chop nuts or dice veggies or something! So, any input on either of these models and will they do what I want them to do for smoothies?

daniele_ut
06-13-2012, 12:34 AM
I haven't used either of the 2 models you mentioned, but we got a Ninja Kitchen System 1200 from Kohls for around $90 after the 30% off and a credit for some Kohls cash I had forgotten to use. So far it has been great for smoothies, but I haven't tried any spinach.

I use whole frozen strawberries or half a frozen banana or a whole bunch of ice cubes and it handles them really well. It's not quite as smooth as a Blendtec or a Vitamix, but it wasn't $400 either!

hoodlims
06-13-2012, 12:51 AM
my gf got the $90 one and it does a great job with spinach!

ang79
06-14-2012, 10:21 AM
my gf got the $90 one and it does a great job with spinach!

Thanks, is that the Pulse one that you push the button on top and have to hold it down to make it run?