PDA

View Full Version : Grease stains and pen marks on clothes...

new_mom_mry
06-13-2012, 12:34 PM
How do I wash grease stains off of DS's clothing? So far I tried using the Oxy Clean gel stick on them (ok, will admit that I didn't wait the requisite 10 min it says to wait in the instructions) and then washed them on gentle/warm water cycle. Didn't do anything...the stains are still there. Same goes for the pen marks on his clothes...the Oxy Clean stick did nothing for them. Many thanks!

Tenasparkl
06-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Try putting dish soap on the grease stains and then rewash. It worked on a few tshirts that I thought I'd have to get rid of.

zag95
06-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Use Dawn dish soap on the grease stains. I keep a bottle of blue Dawn in my laundry area and saturate the area.

It typically gets out stains that are even set!

DebbieJ
06-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Use Dawn dish soap on the grease stains. I keep a bottle of blue Dawn in my laundry area and saturate the area.

It typically gets out stains that are even set!

:yeahthat:

mimosa
06-13-2012, 02:02 PM
I third the Dawn for grease stains. For ink, like ballpoint pen, I've had success with spraying hairspray on the ink and then washing immediately (don't let the hairspray dry before washing). I have a little can of cheap aerosol hairspray in my laundry room just for this.

specialp
06-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Never tried the hairspray on ink stain, but it has been my go-to grease remover since college.

jerigirl
06-13-2012, 04:27 PM
It is the alcohol in the hairspray that removes the ink. So if you have a bottle of rubbing alcohol or even hand sanitizer you could try those as well.