PDA

View Full Version : Some people are truly disgusting

twotimesblue
06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
A little OT, but had to share. I just received my order of two Majamas nursing bras from Diapers.com. I opened the packets and when the black one fell out I immediately knew it wasn't the right product: it looked like nylon instead of organic cotton. I picked it up to inspect it and found a STAIN-COVERED; USED sports bra, with the label cut out (it seriously looks like a nasty $2 bra); and the Majamas tag just tossed in the packet (not attached to product). I was furious and disgusted... a) that Diapers.com accept used bras as returns and even worse, resell them! Even though there covered in stains! and b) that I had handled this disgusting object!

CS were good and are sending me a replacement asap (and organizing a refund) but I am shocked that some people will go that far to deceive a company... the woman that sent this back obviously did it deliberately (hence the cut-out label etc) and kept the $35 Majamas bra. We all love a good deal but seriously? SO gross and wrong!

AJP
06-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Oh, yuck yuck yuck!!! Seriously wrong.
I was browsing childrens shoes at target the other day and saw a ratty old pair of kids sneakers left there. Some lucky child walked out wearing new ones. I kinda felt bad for them for a second. I would not feel bad about the bra. Only for myself if I opened that!

swrc00
06-13-2012, 09:25 PM
That is disgusting! :barf:

elliput
06-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Having worked a job that handled inventory and returns, I'm disgusted that made it through the system without inspection. Real lack of quality control.

DrSally
06-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Wow, crazy!

queenmama
06-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Grotty!!!

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

peanut520
06-14-2012, 09:49 AM
That is truly gross! Deceiving and stealing a $35 bra is insane! And I'm sure that if diapers.com wanted they could easily find out who made the return.

ChristinaLucia
06-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Disgusting. That pretty much confirms I will never buy from Diapers.com again. Once they sent me diapers that were not packages in their original box and two of the packages were sliced open on the sides.

janine
06-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Having worked a job that handled inventory and returns, I'm disgusted that made it through the system without inspection. Real lack of quality control.

Agree, that's disgusting that someone returned it. BUT the store should inspect it before putting it on the shelves! Sometimes it's not worth them questioning the customer, so take the loss -but to put it back on the shelf, that's nasty.

nurseapril
06-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Gross! The same thing happened to us with amazon warehouse deals. We bought a 32mg iPod but when dh got it, he noticed someone scratched off the 8gb label and it was an older model! Someone sent in their used 8gb as a return for the new 32mg one!

Amazon cs was wonderful as always, and they told dh they could track the return and catch the guy, but I was surprised they didn't inspect them a bit better!

janine
06-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Disgusting. That pretty much confirms I will never buy from Diapers.com again. Once they sent me diapers that were not packages in their original box and two of the packages were sliced open on the sides.

And their prices are really not so great. I gave up on them once they got bought out.

twotimesblue
06-14-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm pretty much done with them too, after this. I can't believe they would ever return a used bra into inventory (even if it wasn't a stain-covered fake!). I appreciate that they have a generous returns policy but this is pretty grim and disappointing

momm
06-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Ew.

First of all, people do this?? Really? I'm amazed and aghast.

Secondly, the inventory people at diapers.com obviously SUCK.

I'm sorry about your experience.. sheesh.

ckso
06-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Really? That's disgusting. I saw an ergo on clearance at target once and when I opened it, it was a dirty used infantino. Obviously someone swapped it and target didn't catch it. I wonder if its common practice not to inspect things.

I love diapers.com customer service. I bought a britax boulevard back in November due to the sale but baby wasn't ready for it. I finally took it out 2 weeks ago getting ready to install it an found it damaged. There was a big hole on the base, looks like it was maybe dropped. I called them but worried they wouldn't replace it. Well she send a replacement right away along with the label to send the other one back.

wencit
06-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Really? That's disgusting. I saw an ergo on clearance at target once and when I opened it, it was a dirty used infantino. Obviously someone swapped it and target didn't catch it. I wonder if its common practice not to inspect things.Maybe it's a Target thing? I once asked my BIL to pick up a Britax Marathon for me at a different Target, during one of their clearance sales. He is a single, young, unmarried guy and for some reason, happened to open the box at the store while I was on the phone with him. Someone had put a dirty, used CAR SEAT back in the box and returned it!!! Thank goodness he opened it, otherwise can you imagine the looks I'd get if I tried to return that?!

"No, really, this used car seat was already in the box when I bought it! I want my money back!"

Uh huh.

Some people truly are despicable.

tzipora
06-14-2012, 06:22 PM
It's not just a Target thing - I once watched as a manager at BRU opened up a box that had just been returned and pointed out to the associate at Customer Service that the infant bath seat she'd just taken back was still damp. The poor associate was horrified...

Melaine
06-14-2012, 06:32 PM
I found a coffee maker at TJ Maxx with water in it. It was on clearance.

sarrahanne
06-15-2012, 03:28 PM
When I had my first child, I decided in the hospital that I needed a Brest Friend. Sent my husband out and he came back with "the last one." I opened it up and it was COVERED in long, black curly hairs. He returned it to BRU and pointed it out. The associate just shrugged and threw it back in the "go back" bin.

He eventually found a new one in a more boutiquey baby store.

cleo27
06-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Disgusting! It happened to me with a king size blanket that my parents gave us from Macy's. My mom was really excited about the clearance price she got. When I took it out of the bag, there were tons of snags on it and the tag was from a completely different brand. I was horrified and my mom felt so bad. Luckily she had the receipt. When I took it back, the saleslady did not seem to care or be surprised at all. :( She did give me store credit for it.

It really makes me not want to go back there.

Cleo

sweetsue98
06-20-2012, 09:16 PM
I use to work at victorias secret and a woman wanted to return a white bra that smelled like smoke and was brown around the lining. I asked if she wore it and she told me no. I told her she has to wash/launder it for sanitation purposes and I will gladly return it. She went to the women's bathroom, soaked it in water and came back to make the return. I was livid and wanted to throw the bra in her face. I can not believe some people!

mackmama
06-20-2012, 10:31 PM
I use to work at victorias secret and a woman wanted to return a white bra that smelled like smoke and was brown around the lining. I asked if she wore it and she told me no. I told her she has to wash/launder it for sanitation purposes and I will gladly return it. She went to the women's bathroom, soaked it in water and came back to make the return. I was livid and wanted to throw the bra in her face. I can not believe some people!

:47:That is truly unbelievable!!

OP - gross!!

ditty
06-26-2012, 07:07 PM
I worked at Nordstrom as a certified bra fitter in lingerie after I got out of college for a while and it's amazing what people feel entitled to return. Of course Nordstrom's policy is to use your best judgement and everyone knows they return almost anything. We worked on commission and if I fit you in the wrong bra or you don't like it, by all means, return it. . no problem and that's understandable. But there was a lady who would buy bras and keep them 2-3 months and return them saying they didn't fit her right. They were always really gross and worn and she did it on a regular basis. Well, that comes out of the salesperson's paycheck and is just wrong. After the second or third time she did it to me (3 bras each time at $65+/bra) I turned it in to management and they told her she could no longer return bras there. Stuff like that happened all the time. Although returned panties were always the worst. I would cringe any time I saw them in a bag in a customer's hand. BTW, we never resold ANYTHING that looked worn or was missing tags!

At Macy's (2 summers ago) I bought a bikini top and 2 different styles of the bottoms to mix and match. I tried on the top and one style bottom (over my undies!) but just grabbed the size I needed of the second style. I got home and GASP, there was a big blood stain on the pair I didn't try on!!! I was so disgusted. Who would do that?!

Melaine
06-26-2012, 09:31 PM
last night I had a great time with three girl friends at a restaurant and my friend gave me a jar of cookie butter from Trader Joe's for my birthday. Two of my friends hadn't tried it so I opened it right there at the table. The seal was pulled away and someone had clearly dipped a fingerful out. So gross!!! even more disappointing that we don't have a TJ's so it was imported all the way from out of town.