PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own this Boden Maxi dress?

lcarlson90
06-13-2012, 06:56 PM
It seems like there were a few people who bought this dress a few months back. I am thinking about ordering it but I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have the poppy color? Is it red or more coral/orange? I really want the poppy pansy but of course it's sold out.

2. Did anyone order the petite? I am 5'2 and maxi's are always too long on me but some reviews indicate that the regular version is pretty short.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Below-Knee-Dresses/WH323-LIL/Womens-Clematis-Pansy-Favourite-Jersey-Maxi.html

theriviera
06-13-2012, 07:20 PM
It seems like there were a few people who bought this dress a few months back. I am thinking about ordering it but I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have the poppy color? Is it red or more coral/orange? I really want the poppy pansy but of course it's sold out.

2. Did anyone order the petite? I am 5'2 and maxi's are always too long on me but some reviews indicate that the regular version is pretty short.

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Below-Knee-Dresses/WH323-LIL/Womens-Clematis-Pansy-Favourite-Jersey-Maxi.html

1. I have the poppy and I think it's more red than coral/orange. I love it.

2. I ordered both the petite and the regular. I'm 5'3" and the regular is perfect.

elektra
06-13-2012, 07:23 PM
I have it but in the multi pansy. If the coral color is the same as the orangy portion of the flowers in the multi pansy, then I imagine it's more orange/coral than red. But I am only guessing based on how the multi pansy looks.

Yes, the reviews are right, it's on the shorter side for maxi dresses. I got the long length (I am 5' 10") and it is still a tiny bit short but totally fine with flats IMO.

I imagine the petite would work well for you.

Also, it is tight in the bust so I would size up if that might be an issue for you.

theriviera
06-13-2012, 07:32 PM
You know, I'm going off memory so I will confirm the color when I get home. It's quite possible that I'm wrong. It happens often :hysterical:

sntm
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Is the bodice one that could be pulled aside for nursing? Keep in mind the girls are an F now, though I'm otherwise around a size 8 or 10.

secchick
06-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Is the bodice one that could be pulled aside for nursing? Keep in mind the girls are an F now, though I'm otherwise around a size 8 or 10.

I am 5'4" and got the regular length. I am also a nursing F and can nurse in my regular size 8.

joules
06-14-2012, 11:24 PM
I got this dress in black. But also tried the poppy and poppy pansy. I am 5'2" and the regular hits right at the top of my foot. I can wear with sandals and also wore with heels to a wedding (the black looks very formal).

The poppy pansy did not look good on me. The center circular part of a flower was right over my nipple. I also think the print was too big for my petite frame. However it looks great on elektra.

I think I remember the poppy being more on the red/pink side.

lcarlson90
06-15-2012, 11:31 AM
I got this dress in black. But also tried the poppy and poppy pansy. I am 5'2" and the regular hits right at the top of my foot. I can wear with sandals and also wore with heels to a wedding (the black looks very formal).

The poppy pansy did not look good on me. The center circular part of a flower was right over my nipple. I also think the print was too big for my petite frame. However it looks great on elektra.

I think I remember the poppy being more on the red/pink side.

I am 5'2 as well and I was kind of wondering if the pansy print would be too overwhelming for my frame. I always hear people say that if you are petite solid color maxi's are the way to go.

alexsmommy
06-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm 5'4" and had to return the petite - it was waaaaay to short. I'm waiting to see if a regular comes in that they can exchange for it.

lcarlson90
06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm 5'4" and had to return the petite - it was waaaaay to short. I'm waiting to see if a regular comes in that they can exchange for it.

I am just shy of 5'2 and I want to wear it with flip flops. Do you think the petite would even be to short for me?

alexsmommy
06-15-2012, 07:02 PM
I am just shy of 5'2 and I want to wear it with flip flops. Do you think the petite would even be to short for me?

It might. I'm right at the cut-off for petite. I don't mind heels so I usually go with the regular height most times, but I like running around town in sundresses in summer so I ordered the petite so I could do flats. There was no way. I'd say it was 4" too short, but most of my height is in my legs.

amybds
06-20-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm barely 5 feet and the petite fit me perfectly. So it probably would be a bit too short.