PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms / white leather shoes?

BeachBum
06-13-2012, 07:26 PM
My BOYS will need to wear uniforms to school this next year.
Do you guys buy a shirt and pants for each day? Did you buy equal number of long and short sleeve shirts? How many sweatshirts and sweaters? We live in a very warm climate.

I'm not as worried about shorts and pants because any basic khakis will do.

Additionally, they need solid white shoes which seem hard to come by. The courtyard area turns into dirt right away (can't seem to keep grass alive with all the traffic), so I really wanted leather shoes. I was hoping for white leather chuck taylors but those don't seem to exist. Any suggestions? I will need a toddler 10, toddler 11, and a youth 3ish.

Thanks for the BTDT.

NCGrandma
06-13-2012, 08:30 PM
OK, I realize that I'm probably out of touch about some things, and have no experience with schools that require uniforms, but WHITE SHOES for young kids? Is that really common? Sounds crazy to me (sorry, not trying to be offensive). My DGDs would have those looking very dingy within the first few days!

new_mommy25
06-13-2012, 09:32 PM
What about keds for shoes? That sounds tough! For DS I like to have a minimum of 5 shirts and bottoms. I'm busy during the week and often don't get to laundry until the weekend. We are in a climate that is warm year round so I usually have 5-6+ shirts, 5 shorts, and 1-2 long pants, plus a navy zip up sweatshirt with his school logo.

cuca_
06-13-2012, 10:14 PM
My oldest DD used to wear a uniform and we had 5 short sleeve shirts and 5 long sleeves (we were in the East Coast so needed these for the winter). She had a sweater and a fleece jacket. We also needed to wear gym uniforms twice a week, and I purchased two sets.

As for white shoes how about these:

http://www.amazon.com/K-Swiss-Classic-Leather-Tennis-Little/dp/B0000A504N/ref=sr_1_4?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1339639905&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Originals-Samoa-Sneaker-Little/dp/B003VRZNVU/ref=sr_1_98?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1339639508&sr=1-98

I also love white bucks, however, I don't know how practical they would be as uniform shoes.

BeachBum
06-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks guys.
Our used uniform sale is next week, so I'm trying to figure out how many thing I need.

Thanks for the shoe links...and the keds suggestion. My little ones wear keys now, I'm not sure if they come in white, but I'm off to check. :)

Momit
06-14-2012, 07:42 PM
KSwiss was the first thing that came to my mind for an all-white shoe.