PDA

View Full Version : Help me to find a HUGE vase for living room

Mommy2Two
06-13-2012, 10:01 PM
I have an entertainment center that we are not using for TV, but the unit has to stay in the living room. Long story, but it is not going anywhere. It looks great in the living room, except for the giant hole in the middle where the TV should be.

So, I want to put a big and I mean big Vase or something else in there that would make it look good instead of TV.

The space that I need to fill fits a 46 inch TV- so it is about 46 inches wide by 46 inches high.

Suggestions are welcomed!

nrp
06-13-2012, 10:06 PM
What about a painting instead? You could do some lighting to make it look like a nice focal point.

sariana
06-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Why not a piece of artwork?

If you find a piece of artwork you love, you could even find a few smaller items to go with it in the space (assuming this is the type of center that has a flat surface, such as for a TV stand when it is not mounted on the wall). So if you have a sea-themed painting, for example, you could have a brass spy glass, a lighthouse of some sort, a model ship, some books about sailing or the ocean stacked in a pile, and/or etc. sitting on the shelf below the painting. (Can you guess what theme we have in our house?:D)

Mommy2Two
06-13-2012, 10:10 PM
I thought about it, but the "hole" is fairly low off the ground, so it would look rather strange if we just put a paiting in there.

sariana
06-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Maybe a tapestry then?

For a BIG vase, I would look for one of those large ceramic vases usually intended for container gardens. Most large vases designed for indoor use are going to be tall and narrow(er), but a ceramic container usually is wider/squatter.

You also could consider one of those candle holder things people sometimes put in their fireplaces. Or one of those plants (ferns often) that people use for the same purpose.

What else is on the entertainment center, in the other sections?

twowhat?
06-13-2012, 10:17 PM
You could do 3-4 large vases instead of 1 giant one - elevate a couple of them at different heights?

Could the space be used for storage with a short stack of handsome, casual bins? Or maybe get some bifold cabinet doors stained to match and then use the space as actual storage?

Mommy2Two
06-13-2012, 10:19 PM
The unit itself is very modern. It is used for storing nice dishes and showing off display items.

sariana
06-13-2012, 10:23 PM
The unit itself is very modern. It is used for storing nice dishes and showing off display items.

Ah, definitely the candles then (not the plant), or what twowhat? suggested, varying levels of several vases.