PDA

View Full Version : Hard anodized cookware?

wendibird22
06-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Anyone have hard anodized cookware? Is it good for general cooking? We have 99% non-stick (revere or other low end products) and 1 stainless Tramatina pan. DH does 99% of the cooking. He prefers non-stick I think mostly because that's what he's always used. He dislikes the SS because he can't get used to cooking on a lower, slower heat.

I'm thinking of getting him a piece or two of Analon hard anodized for our anniversary (it's our 8th and they have a bronze color). It seems like a good all purpose style because it's pretty non-stick and can go in the oven to 400deg. Just not able to put in dishwasher, but we don't really do that anyway. Just wanted some opinions before I purchase.

AnnieW625
06-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I have an Anolon stock pot (that can go in the dishwasher, this line was from 2003 though, not sure if it is still around), and the rest of my stuff is Calphalon non stick. I have had it for almost 10 yrs. (bought most of it with gift cards from my wedding) and I like it. Calphalon gaurantees their non stick won't chip or crack with proper care.

If I had to buy non stick again I think I would go with Circulon (which is made by Anolon) because I find that it is really easy to clean. I have a Circulon 9" pan that I like a lot, and my parents have a whole set of it.

indigo99
06-14-2012, 03:15 PM
We have several calphalon anodized pieces. We use the large 5qt saute pan almost every day. We wash it by hand and only use soft spatulas etc, but the finish wore off after about 2 years. The same thing happened with the one we had previously. Our pots (which get much less use and almost no use with utensils) are fine after about ten years. I love it enough to pay $75 for a replacement every couple of years though. It's much easier to clean than any other piece I've had (including other brands of anodized skillets).