PDA

View Full Version : lets be honest has anyone ever returned a swim suit to Boden?....

AnnieW625
06-14-2012, 02:43 PM
after they have worn it? (does this require a :bag?)

I just bought this swim suit in the floral blue (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Swimwear/Bikinis-Tankinis/WB024/Womens-Retro-Tankini-Top.html), and I do really like it, and I ordered it in two sizes. The larger of the two sizes arrived and I think the top fits pretty well (even without the extra bra padding), but the bottoms I think are a tad big, although they do fit. The other size top just shipped on the 7th so I might have it before we leave tomorrow, but the bottoms didn't ship until June 11th. So even though Boden's return policy is pretty generous should I even try and return the suit after it has already been worn? I just feel weird doing it, but if people return things including swim wear as liberally as stated in their reviews then apparently Boden has no issues with it.

WWYD?

citymama
06-15-2012, 12:52 AM
I've never returned something to Boden after using it (ie wearing and washing, or in this case, wearing to the beach/pool) unless it was defective. If you only tried it on at home, then it's fine to return.

kozachka
06-15-2012, 01:11 AM
I've returned a worn but unwashed item to Boden before, it was a pair of tartan pants that DS wore for a few hours to school and said that they were too hot, itchy and too PJ-like and he would never ever wear them again. I would not hesitate to do the same with a swimsuit but only if I wore it once (or twice) before realizing that it's the wrong size for me. I can see how the swimsuit bottoms might seem fine when dry, and become too loose when wet once I used them. I would not return a swimsuit once I used it on vacation.

AnnieW625
06-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks. My thinking is the same, and then the whole other post about returning used stuff came up and I decided it is not the end of the world if I only use it for one season, plus the suit actually fit nicely, and I did not feel self concious at all. I am honestly hoping I only have to wear it for one season, and I got it for 20% off the sale price so I got it for $60 vs. $80 or $90 or so not all is lost. Since the summer season is soo long and I have 90 days to return I might keep the other bottom and top just in case I go down a size as well, but if I don't then I will just return it.

I will most likely only wear the swimsuit once again, tomorrow at BIL's house so if it turns out the other bottoms are just a better fit once I get them then I'll make the decision, but I just don't know if I will actually go through with it.

citymama
06-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Annie, they do state that they have a "no quibbles" return policy, no questions asked. So if it doesn't fit, and it's not of any use to you, you could send it back while stating it was worn once but the fit was a problem. But in that case I wouldn't wear it again.