PDA

View Full Version : What does this sound like? Eye issues?

Melaine
06-14-2012, 04:15 PM
I've been seeing what I would call "specks" or spots. They don't really seem exactly like what I would understand as "floaters" but I'm not sure. I will set up an appointment with the eye doctor, but just curious if anyone has BTDT.

I would describe this like little specks that move across my vision. No lights, no flashes, more like tiny gnats or a blip on the computer screen (I often see them at the screen). Could this be a near-sighted thing? I haven't been checked in ages...so I'm hoping it's just a vision thing and not another issue. I don't think it's blood pressure related or anything like that. I've been having this for weeks now.

swrc00
06-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I get something similar during allergy season. If you rub your eye, do they disappear for awhile? That is how mine our. I mentioned it when I had my last exam, and the dr said it was common in high pollen areas. I don't have to be outside to have it happen either.

Melaine
06-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Huh....I don't know. We are in a very high pollen area. Interesting!

brittone2
06-14-2012, 04:47 PM
It sounds kind of like floaters to me, but obviously you should talk to your doc or eye doc. I started getting them a bit when I was pg the last time, and I still get them on occasion. My eye doctor was not concerned.

Melaine
06-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Hmmm I think it did start when I was pregnant. I set up an appointment for a couple weeks from now. The person I spoke to at the ophthalmologist did not seem to think I needed to rush in. Thanks guys.

mom2khj
06-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Sounds exactly like the floaters I get.

TwinFoxes
06-14-2012, 10:41 PM
This is article pretty much mirrors what my eye doctor told me:
http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm

cntrymoon2
06-15-2012, 12:52 AM
I've had one eye dr. tell me floaters could be a sign on high blood pressure or high blood sugar. Probably not the case, but worth looking into...

MSWR0319
06-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Sounds like floaters. My eye dr said they are very common in those who are nearsighted.

Melaine
06-21-2012, 09:12 AM
So I have an appointment for next wednesday. However, today I am having more issues and possible flashes...it's a weird sort of repetitive flash of dots...not like fireworks or light but dark dots...all in the same place. I'm thinking I need to go in today, but I have the three kiddos. I'm worried about them dilating my eyes and then needing to drive. Can I go to Lenscrafters for this? Because then I could at least hang out at the mall while my eyes normalize...how long does that take? Or is LC not equipped for this?