PDA

View Full Version : Subscription Boxes -- Do you do any, what do you think?

anonomom
06-15-2012, 12:38 PM
It seems like there are a ton of subscription box-of-the-month businesses out there all of a sudden, especially for moms/kids. I've tried two (with mixed results) and was wondering which (if any) you all have tried and what you thought?

The ones I did are Bluum and Citrus Lane. Bluum runs $12/month, I think, and sends samples of different mama/baby products. I bought a 3-month subscription through Plum District and wasn't too impressed. Lots of things I don't use (lotions, especially) in awkward sizes -- too big for one use, but not resealable.

Citrus Lane, on the other hand, I'm in love with. It's $25 a month, but for that you get 5 or so full-sized products. Each month, there's a toy for your child, 1-2 personal/household items (toothpaste, sunscreen, soap, etc.), a treat just for mom, and one or two other things based on that month's theme. They often throw in a gift card or discount code to various websites, too ($15 off at Ecomom one month). I started with 3 months of this one, too, and just renewed for six months. It's so much fun getting a box full of surprises each month!