PDA

View Full Version : which vitamix do you have/would you get?

lmh2402
06-15-2012, 07:57 PM
which model do you have and do you like it?

or which would you want?

i've got a BBB coupon...considering using to get one

here are their online options: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/search/search.aspx/vitamix/?sstr=vitamix&grid=20&dim=1&nty=1&

thanks!

brgnmom
06-15-2012, 08:02 PM
do you have a costco membership? I'm waiting for a few more weeks until Costco has a vitamix rep come to one of my local stores. apparently you receive a better package deal at Costco (cookbook and maybe something else?), but that's just what I've heard secondhand. I'm still debating whether I need the vitamix though b/c I've been doing alright w/ the basic blender from target.

Aishe
06-15-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the BBB coupons exclude Vitamix. Check the fine print at the bottom of the coupon.

We have the 5200 from Costco. I've never tried another model so I have no basis for comparison, but we LOVE ours. It was a major splurge, but we use it at least once a day, often multiple times a day. I'm sure that will slow down in cooler weather, but for now it's definitely earning its keep.

hillview
06-15-2012, 08:17 PM
I got the costco one

lmh2402
06-15-2012, 08:39 PM
i do have a costco membership, but wasn't sure if/when it would come into our store

i did check the fine print on the online offer and vitamix isn't on there

but would you guys be willing to tell me how much the costco one cost?

thanks!

brgnmom
06-15-2012, 08:42 PM
i do have a costco membership, but wasn't sure if/when it would come into our store

you can try calling your local costco store & speak to one of the managers - that's what I did, when I found out which dates the vitamix rep will be around our neighborhood. HTH. sorry, I'm not sure how much the costco one costs though!

Aishe
06-15-2012, 08:47 PM

i did check the fine print on the online offer and vitamix isn't on there

but would you guys be willing to tell me how much the costco one cost?

thanks!

Oops, sorry, I didn't realize it was an online offer.

We paid $400 for the Costco one. You can check the roadshow schedule here:

http://www.vitamix.com/household/shows/

lmh2402
06-15-2012, 08:48 PM
you can try calling your local costco store & speak to one of the managers - that's what I did, when I found out which dates the vitamix rep will be around our neighborhood. HTH. sorry, I'm not sure how much the costco one costs though!

thanks - i'll try calling!!

Karinyc
06-15-2012, 10:22 PM
I went to my local BBB and was told the 20% can be used on their Vitamix model.

lhafer
06-15-2012, 11:08 PM
The only difference between the Bed Bath and Beyond models is the color (except for the Turboblend one). I used a 20% coupon and they accepted it no questions asked, and mine was an instore purchase.

daniele_ut
06-16-2012, 01:56 AM
Vitamix roadshow was at our Costco today and they were selling them for $394. Blendtecs were on the shelf for $329 (not a roadshow)

stinkyfeet
06-16-2012, 08:16 AM
I have the Costco one too...we love it!

Melaine
06-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Refurbs at vitamix.com now for $330. Not sure which one though, they don't give much info.

echoesofspring
06-16-2012, 11:26 AM
I believe the 1363 is the same as the 5200, just a different cookbook is included, the regular big cookbook (I think that's the same?) and then a little booklet of "CIA" recipes. My local BBB was out of stock and so they let me use my 20% online coupon, that meant I got free shipping, which I wouldn't have gotten if I had purchased it online. HTH.

Aishe
06-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Huh, I guess I have a mean BBB because they wouldn't let me use a coupon on the Vitamix. I'm glad others had better luck than I did!

Melaine
06-16-2012, 02:35 PM
What do you guys think about the refurb?

twowhat?
06-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Huh, I guess I have a mean BBB because they wouldn't let me use a coupon on the Vitamix. I'm glad others had better luck than I did!

Is it in the fine print? I'd argue if it's not!

We got ours at Costco ($399).

Aishe
06-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Is it in the fine print? I'd argue if it's not!

We got ours at Costco ($399).

Yes, it was in the fine print on my coupon. I didn't see it until they pointed it out. Oh well, I'm happy with our Costco one.

Aishe
06-16-2012, 02:39 PM
What do you guys think about the refurb?

I considered the refurb. Note that it has a five year, rather than seven year, warranty, which is still pretty darn good. We ended up with the Costco one because I was a little concerned that I would find it to be overrated and not use it enough to justify the cost. I figured it would be easy enough to return to Costco if that was the case. So far, though, that has definitely not been an issue.

lmh2402
06-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Ok, so price of Costco is basically same as BBB with 20% off. And only difference is cookbook offering??... Hmmmm