PDA

View Full Version : itchy hips/brown spot?

hillview
06-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Help dx me, I started getting itchy hips a few months ago, I sort of assumed maybe I was allergic to the thong lace unders. I stopped wearing them a couple of weeks ago and I am still getting this. I've been in JUST cotton unders for over a week and they STILL itch. It also looks like I have a faint brown area on each hip maybe (no sun or sun burn!). There isn't really a rash but sort of maybe dry skin bumps? It is on BOTH hips.

TIA

MSWR0319
06-15-2012, 09:02 PM
I have a couple of dry skin patches on my hip area that sound like you describe. I have no idea what causes them. If I keep them really moisturized they eventually disappear. I did have one in my jawbone in high school that looked like a bruise and caused the nurse to talk to me about abuse, so I went to the dr and they gave me a strong cream. They figured out that one was caused by the face wash I was using. Once I quit using it I never had a problem again.

maestramommy
06-15-2012, 09:08 PM
I have this problem too. Even though I wear cotton underwear. The elastic can make me itch just by pressing on my skin long enough.

mikala
06-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Do you have any metal allergies like nickel? If so, have you been wearing any pants with rivet backs in that area?

You might be able to rule out an irritation from detergent or clothing by covering the area with a loose bandaid for a few days and seeing if it starts to heal at all.