PDA

View Full Version : Gripe Water recommendations?

alleycat
06-16-2012, 11:04 AM
DD#3 is 4 weeks old. She has reflux and is extremely gassy. The dr has prescribed Zantac so hopefully that helps with the reflux. The dr recommended gripe water for the gas since Mylicon didn't work for DD#1.

Does the $20 gripe water work better than the $10 kind? Please recommend the gripe water that's worked best for your DC. Thanks.

latully
06-16-2012, 11:35 AM
I used both types, with very similar results. Go with the cheaper stuff....you will go through it fast!

I ended up getting it on Amazon after the first bottle. Good luck!

♥ms.pacman♥
06-16-2012, 11:39 AM
I got mine from an Indian store...so much cheaper than drugstore brand and seemed to work just as well. It was in a flasklike bottle in old fashioned packaging.

sntm
06-16-2012, 01:11 PM
I just bought the gripe water by Wellements and it worked fabulously.

hellbennt
06-17-2012, 06:12 PM
see my sig. I can help w/ reflux...
youcan check zantac dose here (http://www.infantreflux.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8288&PN=1)

also, you can also give a generic/store brand equivalent of mylanta cherry supreme; it was the one variety of mylanta that did not contain aluminum. it's not being made currently, but you can find store brand equivalents. try rite-aid, cvs brand, walmart, target, Bartell Drug (West coast), Dollar General, brand names: Geri-Care & Geri-Lanta Supreme,meijer, etc- just look for one that does not list aluminum in the ingredients. you can give 1ml up to 5 times a day- it's safe, even for newborns. if you see loose stools back off.

hth:)

queenmama
06-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I'd never heard of gripe water until this baby came along!

What we've used with both kids is catnip & fennel. We get the Nature's Sunshine brand. It is a MIRACLE, I'm not exaggerating. I would never be without it with an infant in the house.

You can also try Lobelia, rubbed on Baby's feet and back.

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

Tondi G
06-17-2012, 07:48 PM
we used Wellements brand with DS2 and it worked well.
http://wellementsbaby.com/products/organic-gripe-water-for-colic/