PDA

View Full Version : Gee, thanks Mom...

edurnemk
06-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Seriously, why, oh why can't you keep your mouth shut?! Really, mom, why do you go around volunteering information you don't need to give? And I remember specifically asking you not to mention this particular issue, until I had sorted it out. Thanks to your little slip, DH now wants to fly MIL in next week so she can be here just in case I go into labor while he's out of town (because someone would stay with DS, and someone else would go with me to the hospital, and he doesn't think I'll make it until my dad arrives in town), and so she can "help out" (not only is she no help, she expects to be waited on and we both now it, plus she annoys the cr@p out ot everyone). My worst nightmare coming true! And don't freak out and tell me you can't handle her being here 24/7, because this would not be happening if you had seen a bit farther ahead before opening your mouth.

And if I refuse to have her come before DD is born, it means DH and I are going to, once again, fight over his parents. It's like when DS was born all over again, when I had to spend my first weeks postpartum handling all the IL drama and the troubles they caused between DH and I, and DH turned into a complete @ss because he was manipulated by his parents. This time around I'm finally able to keep them away as most as possible, and now this!

:banghead:

ETA: And this one is for DH: why the insistence on having your mother come? You know we have friends and neighbors that have offered to watch DS if necessary, even in the middle of the night. Would you just relax?