PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Playground

MoeJoe
06-18-2012, 09:04 PM
We'd really love to get a swingset this summer, but it's not happening due to only just now building a gate around the property (big expense). Plus we really need to redo our backyard lawn to make it even before we invest in a swingset.

Sooo, I was thinking of just getting a playground climbing thingie. I found one on CL the Little Tikes 8 in 1 Playground, s/o is selling for $150. Should I just grab it?

I didn't want to spend so much money right now, it's a little tight bec. lots of different expenses coming up, but this may be worth it and save my sanity for the summer!

BTW my kids are 3 yo and 20 mo- so it'd be for them, of course.

Thanks!

katydid1971
06-19-2012, 11:51 AM
That seems like a high price for a used plastic play set. I would offer less, maybe $100, and and see what the seller says. I think your kids would enjoy it, about 4 or 5 seems to be the limit on the plastic play sets but DC 2 will still have fun on it. A couple years ago we got a Step 2 folding slide for DC and I'm still amazed how much play that gets.

KrisM
06-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Kids seem to like them until 5 or 6, I think. Around here they don't last long and $150 is about what they go for.

MoeJoe
06-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks! I actually did offer $100 and was declined... I was looking at the pictures again and don't really think it is much of anything actually. It just looks like two slides, a tunnel, a door and 2/3 laddered walls. Doesn't look like too much fun... I decided to skip on it. Hopefully I'll see another playground for a good price in the next couple of weeks!

Are there any outdoor toys you'd recommend for my kids age? They have bikes, a slide, a rocking dog, pushing toys (lawn mower, shopping cart, wheel barrel etc.) basketball hoop, soccer net etc. What else would they enjoy for the summer and can play by themselves?

A1icia
06-19-2012, 01:31 PM
I highly recommend getting a water table. My DS who is 25 m.o. never wants to leave his. We got a dual water/sand table from Step 2 but are just putting water in both sides.

DS spends a lot of time on our patio and we don't even have that many things: the water table, a cozy coupe, lots of balls and chalk! I'll also bring out a couple plastic trucks on occasion. And if desparate, bubbles.