PDA

View Full Version : pre-road trip angst!

Seitvonzu
06-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrr!
we are leaving soon on a road trip to my parents for a family reunion. it's a 15-17 hour trip in the car, and when we get home my inlaws are coming for their semi-annual trip 2 days later. then when the leave, more inlaws are coming. then dh's family has a reunion. then he's got a work trip. then we have my family coming for another event (that will require even more travelling)

in between all this (and during some of it) i was supposed to be taking a trip by myself. some things changed...so that is NOT happening. so i get to "enjoy" all this lovely family time w/o pause. (IL visits are stressful to me under the best of circumstances...)

so all weekend it was nagging at me that i really should have the car we are taking (our newer car that has never had a mileage maintenance appt) checked before we leave. last night i made an appt to drop the car this morning, which means DH would have to take off a couple hours this morning so he could drive DD and I home after i dropped off the car.

everytime we have a trip, something UBER important seems to be happening at his work...it does not matter that his job is low-stress, low-pressure (gov). for some reason...EVERYTIME we have a trip --something pops up. there is a long history of this and it really drives me bonkers. so over the weekend i said "i know you can't take off wed, but on tuesday, if i need you to come home early, you could? do you have anything ANY day besides wed this week?"

dh says "no. i could do that."

fast forward to today. after the car drop-off i mention maybe coming home a couple hours early? he's all "i have lots of work... i don't know, i don't think so. i can't make any guarantees."

meanwhile for this trip, i had/have to:
arrange all DD's entertainment for 17 hours
arrange personal entertainment for when not driving/entertaining DD
do all the laundry
pack DD and myself
pack/organize things for family reunion
shop, organize & pack snacks
clean out the refrigerator
make sure the bills are paid
clean the house (so it's not a pit when we get home and have 2 days before all his relations descend)
make car appt. and deal with car needs
wash/vacuum/clean car (which was seriously looking like a VERY DIRTY gypsy caravan)

plus all the stuff over the weekend to make DH's father's day nice (Daddy pictures printed/framed, made him donuts/special meal, washed his POS car....)

i'm just feeling super annoyed. there are a few other issues going on (like DHs recent declaration that, even though he's done the household laundry for years...he is no longer going to do MINE, even if he's doing a bunch of loads anyway...*sigh*) i'm not sure how we're going to get out the door on thursday morning without me loosing my marbles....

lmh2402
06-19-2012, 10:20 AM
first of all :hug: :hug:! not going to sugar coat it - that all sounds...kind of horrifying and really exhausting.

and this:

there are a few other issues going on (like DHs recent declaration that, even though he's done the household laundry for years...he is no longer going to do MINE, even if he's doing a bunch of loads anyway...*sigh*) i'm not sure how we're going to get out the door on thursday morning without me loosing my marbles....

is particularly mind-blowing. why?! is he no longer going to do yours? i'm so sorry - wishing you well on your trips and visits! hopefully things pass better than you expect :hug:

pinkmomagain
06-19-2012, 10:41 AM
i'm just feeling super annoyed. there are a few other issues going on (like DHs recent declaration that, even though he's done the household laundry for years...he is no longer going to do MINE, even if he's doing a bunch of loads anyway...*sigh*) i'm not sure how we're going to get out the door on thursday morning without me loosing my marbles....

What???????????????

Here's hoping that all this "family time" at least provides an "audience" that might elicit better behavior from your DH.

And FWIW, I always feel like the stress of vacation prep falls on me. It's super stressful but usually worth it in the end.

Seitvonzu
06-19-2012, 09:08 PM
oh... i'm being punished a bit. that's what the psychologist told me anyhow. and that's what it feels like.

i'm not saying i'm perfect, but seriously.. the man washed the cloth diapers. (child's now 4.5) and now he won't check to see if i have a shirt or bra to be throw in with my daughters stuff?

*sigh*

i forgot to add that i had some yard stuff to do, prescriptions to pick up at target, and a bunch of other silliness i keep forgetting :)

better get back to my list :(!!!

(oh, and DH did come home early today after he figured out that he didn't have anything pressing at work. BUT--once he got home he made it clear that tomorrow he wouldn't be able to leave a second early... :( boo! :( )

Seitvonzu
06-20-2012, 03:22 PM
i also forgot to mention "call babysitter for appt that both dh&i are going to when we get home"

we've NEVER had a non-family/non-bbf babysitter for our daughter.

i left a super awkward voice mail for a friends normal babysitter and really hope she calls me back today (or on my cell while on the trip), so i don't have to cancel our appointment. (my bff will be out of town and can't do it)

*cry* we leave so soon, i'm so exhausted and ... well, please keep our little family in your thoughts!!