PDA

View Full Version : MIL Woes

swrc00
06-19-2012, 06:23 PM
DS and I are going to visit family for two weeks. The grandparents live about 10 minutes apart. I have already stated that I am staying with my parents and will not be staying at MILs. I just don't want to move stuff back and forth while we are there.

Today I get an email suggesting that I come over in the mornings for her to teach me how to crochet and to leave DS with my parents. I have no desire to learn to crochet, nor do I have the time to pick up such a hobby.

What really upsets me is that she doesn't want to see DS. It drives me crazy how little they want to interact with DS when we visit or when they come for that matter.

Thank goodness my parents pick up their slack. I am already dreading the trip now.

edurnemk
06-19-2012, 06:32 PM
She wants to spend time with you, but not with her grandson? I don't understand that either.

hellokitty
06-19-2012, 07:17 PM
That's a little weird, esp since you never expressed an interest in learning how to crochet. I would mention an alternative instead, where she can spend time with your DC.

sunshine873
06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
She wants to spend time with you, but not with her grandson? I don't understand that either.

:yeahthat: Wow, that's a new one. What a doozy. A MIL that doesn't want to spend time with DIL, I've heard of. But not with the grandkids? Ugh. I guess you won't be spending much time with her then...will you?

elliput
06-19-2012, 09:32 PM
:yeahthat: Wow, that's a new one. What a doozy. A MIL that doesn't want to spend time with DIL, I've heard of. But not with the grandkids? Ugh. I guess you won't be spending much time with her then...will you?

My guess is that she thinks she is being generous in giving the OP a break from her DS- ie "some time without the kids", however, MIL really should make the offer the other way. She takes DS while the OP has a chance to enjoy an activity of her choice.

janine
06-20-2012, 10:22 AM
My guess is that she thinks she is being generous in giving the OP a break from her DS- ie "some time without the kids", however, MIL really should make the offer the other way. She takes DS while the OP has a chance to enjoy an activity of her choice.

For some reason MIL's do not seem to think this way. My MIL visited once when DD2 was born and I had to host. OP has my sympathies..IL weirdness is one of the most frustrating and toxic things.