PDA

View Full Version : Dream Lite

katydid1971
06-19-2012, 10:04 PM
DC keep seeing the ad for the Dream Lite which is a cross of a pillow pet and Cloud b light. DD "Promises" she will stay in her bed if we get her one. It would be worth the $30 plus shipping if she kept the promise but I don't think it would work. Has anyone gotten one for their DC? What do you think? The Cloud B probably would be better but since its not a "Pillow Pet" its not what DD wants. Any feedback would be appreciated. BTW DD needs another stuffed animal like she needs another hole in her head.
http://www.dreamlites.com/Default.asp?tcode=pi8&tag=msn&bhcp=1

arivecchi
06-19-2012, 10:13 PM
My DS wants one as well and made the exact same promise. :rotflmao:

swrc00
06-19-2012, 10:19 PM
We bought DS the Cloud B turtle when he transitioned to a big boy bed. I made the deal with him that he could keep it on the bed if he stayed in his bed. Ironically it worked for about 6 months and now he will stall with any excuse he can come up with.

edurnemk
06-19-2012, 10:25 PM
DS also asks for one every.single.day. I hate that they are bombarded with those adds every time the TV is on. We've seen them in several stores, and DS always grabs one and begs for me to buy it. I'm still unsure about it.

katydid1971
06-19-2012, 10:37 PM
DS also asks for one every.single.day. I hate that they are bombarded with those adds every time the TV is on. We've seen them in several stores, and DS always grabs one and begs for me to buy it. I'm still unsure about it.
What stores have them?

edurnemk
06-19-2012, 11:21 PM
What stores have them?

I saw them at BRU and Target, as well (I think it was Target, but BRU/TRU definitely has them).

vonfirmath
06-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Ugh. At Grandma's last week my son watched quite a bit of sprout at night (they have cable) and every time taht ad came on he wanted one. We'll see if he remembers when his birthday comes around...

arivecchi
06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
I wonder how safe these are? A nightlight mixed with a pillow seems like a bad combo. Anyone know how to find out more about the safety aspect of this product? I've been worried about night lights ever since I read a thread somewhere about someone's night light catching on fire in her son's room at night. Frightening!

TwinFoxes
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
The girls have Cloud B lights that Grandma gave them for Valentine's Day. I opened them and said "great, now you don't need to sleep with the hall light on!" IT WORKED! I was shocked. We had never seen them before (we have TiVo so they don't really watch commercials). They really like their little turtles. As for fires, I'm pretty sure these are LED lights, which don't get hot like incandescent bulbs.

Jai
06-20-2012, 12:40 PM
DS asked for one when he was at my sister's house. I havent read the best reviews for them--Cloud B gets better reviews so I will probably go with that one as DS specifically wants the turtle.

katydid1971
06-20-2012, 01:01 PM
The website has terrible reviews, yikes!!! http://www.reviewbeforeyoubuyit.com/bed-and-bath/pillows/dream-lites-from-pillow-pets-as-seen-on-tv/
Looking at TRU they are listed as "preorder" right now without a ship date listed. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12974514
I don't see it on Target's website.