PDA

View Full Version : help for overnight super soaker?

echoesofspring
06-20-2012, 12:18 PM
So DS has been soaking through for a while, but it seems to have gotten worse the last few nights, completely soaked, sleepsack soaked, and up an hour earlier, ugh! We are a hybrid house of cloth and disposables. I used to use BumGenius AIO 4.0 (the ones with the sewn in liners) as our over night diapers, but I went to disposables thinking they would help him sleep through the night, he just seemed so wet with the AIO in the morning, it didn't seem like a situation that would be comfortable... The disposables worked great until recently. Now he's in a disposable (Pampers baby dry size 4) - that's one size bigger than his regular diaper. Last night I tried putting a hemp liner inside the disposable, no luck. Any other suggestions - go back to cloth and double up the liners? Thirsties cover over the disposable? Double the disposable? I have an eclectic stash, so I have almost anything available you might suggest - assortment of pockets, a couple wool(?) kissaluvs we never got the hang of, prefolds and covers (they should still fit), assorted liners, etc.

Thanks in advance, after finally getting him to to sleep through the night, the 1 less hour of sleep is really....trying ;)

lizzywednesday
06-20-2012, 01:09 PM
We do cloth overnight.

I use a mix of AIO (Swaddlebees), fitteds (GMD "workhorse fitteds") and prefolds.

For the fitteds & prefolds, I use hemp and fleece doublers and wool covers - Disana brand pull-ons and ImseVimse brand wraps.

When we first started using the prefolds, I had a couple of problems. I hadn't snugged up the Snappi correctly and I hadn't properly prepped my wool.

Wool is the best, even in the summertime, for overnight because it is naturally antimicrobial, breathable and wicking.

However, you do need to prep wools first. With my knit pull-ons, I read that you're supposed to felt the bottom to help make them more leak-proof.

So ... I washed in Eucalan wool wash and hand-felted the pull-ons in the crotch and bum areas. The leaks and soak-throughs stopped.

I didn't do anything special with the wraps.

mmommy
06-20-2012, 01:19 PM
If you ave wool you should be able to put that over pretty much anything else to prevent leaking. It's a great choice for warm weather too since its breathable.

SnuggleBuggles
06-20-2012, 01:31 PM
We did a disposable with a cloth diaper cover on top. It worked.

lmh2402
06-20-2012, 03:59 PM
i tried everything under the sun

the only thing that has worked - i get him up around 10/10:30 and carrying him mostly asleep to the potty

pull down his pants/diaper and he pees

then i change his pull up and put him back in his crib

the only time i ever had a problem with him going back to sleep immediately was when he was really sick about a month ago

other than that, for the last four months that i've been doing this, we've had no issues with returning to sleep...and i've stopped having to change all the bedding every morning.

good luck!

ETA: ok, looks like your son is a year younger so not sure if you're doing the potty yet. but if he is using it at all, maybe try the nighttime pee and change.

hoodlims
06-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Are you using a specific overnight diaper yet? We use Huggies nighttime diaper for my big wetter, one size larger than she would normally wear in a diaper (she was PT while wearing a size 5, so she is in a size 6 overnight).