PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Great Wolf Lodge in Willaimsburg

anonomom
06-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Especially recently? I think we're going to try to spend 3 nights there next month. Is it generally clean/nice? How are the crowds during the summer?

WatchingThemGrow
06-20-2012, 10:01 PM
We went last summer - in July. It's crowded, it smells like an indoor water park, maybe a bit like old wet towels and swimsuits. I wouldn't give it a 10 on the cleanliness scale, but I'm comparing it to the one in Concord that is much newer.

Fun? Yes. 3 nights (4 days) would be a bit much for me there, plus it is expensive unless you are getting a major deal. We usually do the first day like 3-8 (minus dinner) then 9-12 and 1-however late we can stay the next day. You can stay until close the day you check out.

Remember to visit the Hanna outlet that's not too far from there!

eta: LOL at your siggie. just noticed it :)

Tinkerbell313
06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
We went for one night in November when they had rooms for $99/night. We went on a monday night.
We had a standard room with a king bed and a pull out double sofa. I thought the rooms were really big. And the bed was comfortable.

The cleanliness of the rooms and the resort was average. I think that is because its a water park resort (similar to going to a hotel on the beach where you may find sand). I wasn't disgusted...but I thought it could be cleaner (dust on the TV, crumbs on the floor, etc)

We checked in at 1pm and went to the water park until 7:30pm. Then we ate dinner at the hotel restaurant. I am not a food snob...but the restaurant was pricey and not very good. The food at Disney is much better. I would go offsite to eat dinner. There is a restaurant at the edge of the resort parking lot I forgot what the name of it was and I don't know how good it is.

At night, we went to the lobby and watched the show with the freaky looking boy coming out of the tree stump and did story time. It was very crowded and noisy. It was very difficult to hear the story.

We ate breakfast in our room the next day...there was a microwave and a fridge. So I bought muffins, cereal, milk, etc.

We stayed at the water park until about 4pm that day. We did eat lunch right in the water park. There is a little shack that sells chicken nuggets/pizza etc. The Pizza Hut out in the lobby was closed while we were there.

Considering it was a Monday to a Tuesday...it was very, very crowded. On Tuesday we stood in line to get into the water park at opening 8am. All the chairs were taken by 8:15am.

I went by myself with DD7 (at that time) and DS5 (at that time). It was exhausting trying to watch the kids and where they go. The only restriction put on DS5 by GWL was that he was too short for the Tornado. Otherwise he could go on anything else without an adult. So do make sure you have an adult with each child.

There are tons of life vests (however, I don't use those in place of parental supervision).