PDA

View Full Version : When to go up a size in diapers?

janine
06-21-2012, 01:25 PM
DD just finished a box of size 3's - she's about 19lbs. The next size up starts at 22lbs (-37lbs range). Should I stick with the 3's for now? They fit fine, but she's had a few blowouts...

MamaInMarch
06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
I go up a size when they don't fit the way I like or they start having repeat blowouts that don't seem to match up with the volume of poo. I also usually use a size larger at night than we use during the day. But I have a night nurser that sleeps with me and so we don't wake to change diapers...

janine
06-21-2012, 02:02 PM
I go up a size when they don't fit the way I like or they start having repeat blowouts that don't seem to match up with the volume of poo. I also usually use a size larger at night than we use during the day. But I have a night nurser that sleeps with me and so we don't wake to change diapers...

Thanks - we do not not change overnight either. But we've had 5+ blowouts where there is ton of poop - as if diaper simply doesn't hold it. Pees are ok. Hmm, will have to consider one up. Thx

jerigirl
06-21-2012, 02:08 PM
I don't really go by the weight recs on the boxes. When we have a few blowouts in a row, I size up.

geochick
06-21-2012, 02:08 PM
I never went by weight because every baby had a different body shape. I always went by blow outs. Move up.

cntrymoon2
06-21-2012, 03:05 PM
I ignored the size on the box, too. I moved up when the tabs were stretching too much to attach, or when I started having a few blow outs. After 5 blowouts, I would definitely size up!

janine
06-21-2012, 03:12 PM
I ignored the size on the box, too. I moved up when the tabs were stretching too much to attach, or when I started having a few blow outs. After 5 blowouts, I would definitely size up!

Thanks all!! Kind of hard to believe my 8 month old will be size 4's, but tired of throwing away undershirts (well only 1 time, but the blowout was that bad!).

Good thing Amazon has the cancellation feature, Thanks everyone.

HIU8
06-21-2012, 03:15 PM
I never went by the weight recs. I sized up when leaks occured and blowouts. This normally happened when it was hard to get the tabs to close properly and the diaper looked narrow around the tush.

Jacksmommy2b
06-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Ditto the PPs, I pay no attention to the weight range on the box.

I also go by leaks or blowouts and just general fit. Even if we aren't having blowouts I'll size up if the diaper is just starting to look too snug.

I usually start with sizing up at night and by the end of the box he is ready to go up a size.

Weirdly enough, I actually just sized S down with my last box. He went through a growth spurt and suddenly his diapers just looked too big. I went back down to 4s and they fit just fine, night and day, with no leaks. Really strange, but hey, at least I'm getting more per box