PDA

View Full Version : It's 50 degrees and raining. On June 22.

sntm
06-22-2012, 07:33 PM
Sigh. Seattle. After 3 years I shouldn't be surprised. No walk for baby and me today.

babyonway
06-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Oh wow, I can't relate AT ALL here in the midwest is was in the 90s today and on Sunday it is expected to be over 100.

sorry you missed your walk I hope you get one soon.

citymama
06-23-2012, 01:00 AM
June 21, first day of summer, I was wearing a fleece jacket, wool socks, and - wait for it - Ugg boots. And I wished I could turn the heat on. As the old saying goes, the coldest winter I ever spent is summer in San Francisco! You're not alone!

I prefer this to the east coast heatwave, but I'd love a little glimpse of sunshine thru the fog...

queenmama
06-23-2012, 02:32 AM
As the old saying goes, the coldest winter I ever spent is summer in San Francisco!

Oh, how I miss my city by the bay!

I, too, am in the Midwest(ish), and the humidity kills me. The weather in my area is strangely variable, too. It can be in the 60s one week and 90s the next. And time of year doesn't matter... One New Year's Day I was wearing shorts and sandals.

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2

roseyloxs
06-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Do yourself a favor and buy a raincover for your stroller. Get a nice rain jacket for you and start walking.

I lived near Olympia and it never rained all that hard so I never let it stop us from going outside. Had rain covers for all my strollers and nice coats and boots for the kids. They loved taking rainy walks.

Moved to Germany a year ago and I kid you not it rains twice as much here as it ever did in WA. So much harder too, not the kind of rain you can take a leisurely walk in.

Philly Mom
06-23-2012, 12:08 PM
I second the rain cover. When we were in England it rained every day. The rain cover made a huge difference and also helped DD stay warm.

sntm
06-23-2012, 01:50 PM
It's as much about me being a wimp. I hate being out in yucky weather. I'm not an outdoorsy person and am probably the only person here who does not own any polar fleece (for myself at least).

The iCandy came with a rain cover - will drag that out for the future :P

zag95
06-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Hey I'm down here in Portland- we went from 84 to like 67 overnight- but at least I got a good night's sleep out of it!! (Pregnant mama who seems to be 10 degrees hotter than normal!)

mom_hanna
06-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Send some of that our way! I am in Northern Colorado - we are at 102 today, with 25mph winds and a raging wildfire going on 2 weeks, that has destroyed 200 homes already. We would love some cooler weather and rain. Unfortunately, neither is in the forecast for the next 10 days.

HannaAddict
06-24-2012, 12:40 AM
It was a northwest monsoon yesterday and most of today, not our normal walkable drizzle! The dogs didn't want to go outside. I'm a native and getting tired of what seems like ever worsening weather.